Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.

Go down 
+6
Tony Marino
Supernova
Hyacinth Girl
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. Empty
PostSubject: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:41 am

Have you ever put off seeing a physician for fear that they may find something wrong with you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:27 am

Nah. That's dumb. You would WANT to know what's wrong with you.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:41 am

Nope
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:46 am

My husband is like that--he hasn't been to the doctor in literally years, yet he'll whine like a child whenever he gets the flu, or he'll tell me in the morning when he's having chest pain in the middle of the night, and how he almost woke me up, etc.

What the hell am I supposed to do with that when he won't go get checked out?? I don't have my magic Harry Potter wand, so I can't fix it, so I just tell him "That's nice, dear--your life insurance policy is all paid up in case you kick off."

Then he'll give me the "Ha-ha very funny" look, then I'll say "Well, if you don't want to go to the doctor, stop complaining and don't stick it all on me. Be a big boy already."

Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:08 am

Once, with the dentist.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:
My husband is like that--he hasn't been to the doctor in literally years, yet he'll whine like a child whenever he gets the flu, or he'll tell me in the morning when he's having chest pain in the middle of the night, and how he almost woke me up, etc.

What the hell am I supposed to do with that when he won't go get checked out?? I don't have my magic Harry Potter wand, so I can't fix it, so I just tell him "That's nice, dear--your life insurance policy is all paid up in case you kick off."

Then he'll give me the "Ha-ha very funny" look, then I'll say "Well, if you don't want to go to the doctor, stop complaining and don't stick it all on me. Be a big boy already."

Send him one of these
Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. E05ddf60574606562061562fec498be1
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:00 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Send him one of these
Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. E05ddf60574606562061562fec498be1

HAHAHAHA! I'll have to right-click/save that one for future use! big grin
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:01 pm

And yeah, sticking your head in the sand is a very stupid thing to do. Even if you feel fine you should still get your BP and cholesterol checked regularly. Blood sugar too.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:02 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

HAHAHAHA! I'll have to right-click/save that one for future use! big grin

I wish I could give credit to the member who posted it and others a couple of weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
And yeah, sticking your head in the sand is a very stupid thing to do. Even if you feel fine you should still get your BP and cholesterol checked regularly. Blood sugar too.

And you'd think the husband would take advantage of that being another free service I offer, in addition to sex, since I'm a lab tech and can do the testing myself, but nope--rose colored glasses and the ostrich approach suits him just fine!
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

ARE WE MARRIED TO THE SAME MAN???? Hell, I can't even get mine to see the dentist for his semi-annual cleanings.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:52 pm

I go to the doctor whenever something feels wrong and I can't diagnose it with a Merck manual or Web.

(Usually the doc is my second opinion and I'm pretty good figuring what is wrong) But unless something is amiss I don't go to the doctor very often.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:59 pm

A cousin of mine is like that. He hasn't been to the doctor in over 10 years, and has a job, but refuses to get insurance. He's doctor/hospital-phobic and thinks no news is good news.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Opa Shale wrote:
I go to the doctor whenever something feels wrong and I can't diagnose it with a Merck manual or Web.

(Usually the doc is my second opinion and I'm pretty good figuring what is wrong) But unless something is amiss I don't go to the doctor very often.

I can relate to this.

When I saw my doctor at age 43 with fears of a cardiac concern, he refused to get me tested. I was right. (Actually, the symptoms were a no-brainer ~ I was simply too young and fit.)

When I saw my (current) doctor several years later, I gave him the stink eye and told him that I must have my gall-bladder tested ~ did not give him a choice. He gave me a dubious look but went along with it, and was surprised that I was right. (But, then, I never addressed that suspicion with him before.)

When my husband experienced terrible unexplainable back pain, I had this feeling it was his gall-bladder but the ER staff poo-poo'd me. Sure 'nuff, it was his gall-bladder.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Remember Warren Zevon? "Ahhwooooo... Werewolves of London, Ahwooooo"? He avoided doctors for years. Finally his dentist said he needed to have that persistant cough checked. Turned out it was inoperable peritoneal mesothelioma.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Bluesmama wrote:
When I saw my doctor at age 43 with fears of a cardiac concern, he refused to get me tested. I was right. (Actually, the symptoms were a no-brainer ~ I was simply too young and fit.) ...

This was sooo common until a few years ago, when it became known that women too were susceptible to heart attack. Most were dismissed before that because they did not fith the 'normal' demographic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.   Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. Empty

Back to top Go down

Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.
Page 1 of 1