CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
ph balanced
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Tony Marino
wants2laugh
RobbieFTW
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
Shale
Chris
14 posters

Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? Empty Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?

Post by Chris Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:35 am

Do you get a good deal on gas at the stations near your house, or do you have to travel for a better price?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? Empty Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?

Post by Shale Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:16 am

I have been driving for the past week and noticed that someone must be trading on petroleum futures.

The prices at the same station on the corner change every day or two. Since I've been here it has been $3.44, $3.53. $3.34 and today it was $3.57. Also today I visited a friend in another county and the gase there was $3.34 almost a quarter difference than the one on the corner.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest? Empty Re: Are the gas stations closest to your house the cheapest?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:39 am

They are all within a few pennies of each other around here.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:02 am

The station where I usually buy gas (and is about the cheapest in my area) is near the gym so even though it's not right around the corner I'm not really going out of my way.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:20 am

RedBedroom wrote:They are all within a few pennies of each other around here.

Same here. The ones closest to my house aren't the CHEAPEST but they aint that much higher than the cheapest i know so its not worth driving out the way.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:01 am

Lukoil is usually the most expensive being about 15 cents more than the rest
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:03 am

I have to travel to another state to get better prices on gas. When I am in New Jersey I usually fill up there gas can be up to .50 a gallon cheaper than in NY.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:14 pm

The cheapest one is a few miles from where I live, and it's like a .10 price difference.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:18 pm

They all the same for the most part.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:45 pm

wants2laugh wrote:Lukoil is usually the most expensive being about 15 cents more than the rest

Fucking Ruskies!
    ph balanced
    ph balanced
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by ph balanced Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:53 pm

Nope. The places here are 10 to 15 cents higher so I go either to Slidell or into MS to fill up
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:13 am

Tony Marino wrote:I have to travel to another state to get better prices on gas. When I am in New Jersey I usually fill up there gas can be up to .50 a gallon cheaper than in NY.

yep... cause we have the refineries... and we still PAY someone to pump for us! lol

When I used to drive to CT a lot, and gas was almost $5 there, it was a whole dollar cheaper here, so I hit the last station on the parkway before going any further! At least there is SOMETHING good bout living here
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:26 am

No. They are about 15-20¢ more than in Newark.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:39 am

The gas station closest to my house was $4.15 yesterday, but I rarely go there. I do a lot of shopping in New Jersey so I fill up outside of the city where the gas prices are a little lower.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:15 pm

wants2laugh wrote:

yep... cause we have the refineries... and we still PAY someone to pump for us! lol

When I used to drive to CT a lot, and gas was almost $5 there, it was a whole dollar cheaper here, so I hit the last station on the parkway before going any further! At least there is SOMETHING good bout living here

This has come up before. It's not so much that. It's that the state gas tax is about the lowest of any other state. We make up for it in just about every other tax though.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:20 pm

yeah... well ... we have the highest car insurance cause our density per capita is the highest frustrated
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Nope. Despite their denials and lies, Canadian gas stations fix the prices so unless you catch the odd one that has dropped the price a bit early, prices are standard. Occassionaly there will be a few cents off and if you're lucky, you can catch some before the prices drop but the companis fix prices in Canada so it's pretty much the same everywhere you go.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:08 pm

wants2laugh wrote:yeah... well ... we have the highest car insurance cause our density per capita is the highest frustrated
    Well, if the drivers weren't so dense, maybe the rates would come down. Neutral
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:56 pm

Opa Shale wrote:
    Well, if the drivers weren't so dense, maybe the rates would come down. Neutral

And yet despite our density, you're probably safer on your bike up here than where you live.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:47 pm

I've only been driving for about a week and have been noticing the fluctuating gas prices on a daily basis. It just dropped 25 cents since yesterday. Is this the norm everywhere?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:34 pm

I haven't bought gas in 2 weeks and I didn't quite need to yet when I went passed my usual spot this morning. I did notice it was $3.41 for regular, same as it was 2 weeks ago. I don't know what it might have been between then and now.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:42 pm

No, they're about $.10 higher than the gas stations a few miles away, but they're not the most expensive either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:22 am