Random acts of kindness Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random acts of kindness

Go down 
+2
Nystyle709
Marc™
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Random acts of kindness Empty
PostSubject: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:27 am

What random acts of kindness have you received that sticks out in your mind? I once loss my wallet and someone mailed it to me, with all the money inside. They didn't leave a note or return address. That was really cool.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:32 pm

^ Yeah, that was prob. me. I've done that before. Random acts of kindness Icon_smile . But yeah, that latest one happened last night...me and my girl were coming home from hanging out in the city and went had to take the LIRR back home. FUCKING PACKED! At 3:00 in the damn morning. Anyway, we bounced from car to car looking for a place to sit because we were SO not in the mood to stand all the way back to Valley Stream. So we decided to just sit in separate seats and we found two seats where one guy was sitting by himself in one of the seats and another guy was sitting alone in the one right behind it. I was going to sit in one and she was going to sit in the other. Well, the guy in the front seat asked if we would like to sit together and he got up and sat in the one in the back. We told him "thank you so much" and that was that. So that was nice of him. He didn't have to get up, esp since he was sitting by the window which was more comfortable and now he had to sit in aisle.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Oh and it reminds of another random act of kindness but in reverse sort of. I remember one time when my roommate was coming home from Penn Station, she found a laptop computer that someone left on the train. She decided to bring it home. She brought it home and gave it to me and asked me to try and find the owner (she don't know shit about computers). So I fired it up, looked around a bit and I found a friend of the owner. Basically I told her that I found her friends laptop and to tell her to contact me. I gave her my number and that was that. So the girl calls me just ecstatic and so happy that I found her laptop (which was a very expensive Mac btw). So I give her my addy and told her to come pick it up. I was just going to give it back to her. Anyway, I had to work on the day she was supposed to come by so I told my roommate who the girl was and to give it her when she does. My roommate shocked the hell out of me when she told me "nah, she's going to have to contact me personally to pick it up because they're going to have to give me something for it". I'm like "wha?" "She's going to have to PAY you for finding her computer?". "Why can't you just give it back to her, it's not that big of deal". I thought that was SO shady and it really made me look at her in a different light. I personally didn't think that was right, that was easily a $2000 laptop and the girl told me it was her life and that she used it esp for work. I mean, it would be nice to get a reward for your act of kindness, but to EXPECT it is a different story. Maybe some people would've looked at the situation like 'if it wasn't for me, it would've been lost forever or whatever' but I look at it like 'if that were me, I would want someone to return a expensive possession of mine'. I dunno, that shit just rubbed me the wrong way. So I had to call the girl back and tell the girl to contact my roommate because SHE was the one who found it, gave her the number and it went from there.
Back to top Go down
SecHandNews
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
SecHandNews

Female
Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 2:05 pm

One morning about seven years ago, on my way to my new job that I was starting that day, I caught a flat on the highway. I tried to put the doughnut on myself but had no idea what I was doing. Moments later, this guy in a business suit pulls up and offers to change it for me. In the back of my mind I was leery about why he was being so gracious (thinking that he'd want something in return). Then I glanced in his car though and saw a childseat, so I'm guessing he was married with kids. He didn't want anything and was just being nice. It took him less than ten minutes. I was so grateful.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:45 pm

I have had a truck driver help with a flat and a man with two sons in his car pull me out of the ditch on a snowy county road. Neither took any cash, though I tried profusely to give them something.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:54 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
I have had a truck driver help with a flat and a man with two sons in his car pull me out of the ditch on a snowy county road. Neither took any cash, though I tried profusely to give them something.

Talk about a good Samaritan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:46 pm

I am always doing random acts of kindness, never get any acts of kindness bestowed upon me. Thats o.k. though its better to give than to receive.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:16 pm

When I was about twelve, there used to be this homeless guy who'd walk up and down the street. I think it was around Christmas, I was riding in the car with my mom and she made me get out and give him a dollar. He was grateful, and warmly thanked me. At that moment, I got why she made me do it.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Old ladies love me, I am nothing but courteous and have helped many get down stairs, or held a door open for them, or allowed them to pass first. I was playing one of those kids games once in a diner the one with the big claw that drops down and hardly ever gets the prize. Well this one time I got the prize a teddy bear and I gave it to this old lady that was watching me. She gave me a hug and that was all I needed to feel great!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Yeah, sometimes their genuine appreciation is enough of a reward, really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness Empty

Back to top Go down

Random acts of kindness
Page 1 of 1