Random acts of kindness Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random acts of kindness

Go down 
+4
RobbieFTW
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Random acts of kindness Empty
PostSubject: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:26 am

Do you have any stories about random acts of kindness you received from a total stranger?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:37 am

Recently I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond and was talking to this woman who was thinking of buying the Keurig coffee maker for her daughter as a gift. I gave her my opinions and told her which one I felt was good for her daughter. She thanked me for the information and gave me one of her 20% off coupons to use on my purchase.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:01 am

I'm sure I told this on another thread. When I was doing my laundry a few months ago (yes, I've also done it many times since), I didn't notice that I didn't have the door closed properly before i left so the cycle didn't start. When I got back to put the clothes in the dryer, I found that machine had just a few more minutes to go. Another man was there for his wash too who must have gotten ther soon after I left the first time and told me he closed the door on my machine. I thanked him several times as it saved me an extra trip.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:18 pm

One time at work i was standing in for the front desk person and a member came to me asking if someone had turned in an iPod. I looked but didn't see anything but later I noticed it stuck in an different location than the usual L&F. I left it there and the next day when i saw her i gave it to her. She was so grateful and thanked me up & down. 2 hrs later she walks up to me and hands me a $20 iTunes gift card.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:35 pm

Nice stories so far. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:50 pm

When Faith was a newborn, my husband and I went out to lunch and another person who was there paid for our lunch for us without telling us. He told the waitress to tell us that were a beautiful family. Also, last week I ran out of pita at this Greek place and although it was supposed to cost 75 cents for an extra one, the guy gave me it for free.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Seven years ago a friend of mine died and I had to go buy a new suit to go to his funeral. I was standing in long line at Marshall Fields the day before his funeral just gray when this old lady in front of me made a comment about the suit looking nice and from there I wound up saying that it was for a funeral. She was nice and said some comforting words about life and death. A little girl was with her that looked maybe 6 or 7 and was probably her granddaughter. After they were done at the register, the little girl hugged me. It was nice!
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Late October 1975, Jim and I got into Tehran. Something was going on and we couldn't find a room so we slept on a park bench that night. The next day we couldn't get a bus out of the city to Mashad at the large bus station. An old man who spoke English took us to some little local bus station where nothing was in English, just Arabic. He negotiated our tickets and showed us our bus and what time it would leave. We continued our journey and count that as a Karmic exchange. Payed it forward whenever I could.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:37 am

I think I posted the story about my dad this Christmas sesason getting his stuff paid for by a stranger at the store. That was so sweet.

Recently, I went out for breakfast alone when I had to drop my son off somewhere for a while, and as I was leaving, a big group of Red Hat ladies came in. When I paid, I also paid for a bag of mini cookies to be sent to their table. I love Red Hat ladies, and they are so cute!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random acts of kindness   Random acts of kindness Empty

Back to top Go down

Random acts of kindness
Page 1 of 1