Original Psycho vs Remake Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Original Psycho vs Remake

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

Original Psycho vs Remake Empty
PostSubject: Original Psycho vs Remake   Original Psycho vs Remake EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Did you think Vince Vaughn came off as scary as Anthony Perkins? What did you think about Anne Heche? Do you think the old version seemed scarier because it was black and white?

which did you prefer over all
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Original Psycho vs Remake   Original Psycho vs Remake EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:30 pm

I saw the remake with Vince Vaughn, and that was the last of his movies I have seen, I just don't buy him as an actor. I hated the remake, I didn't have a problem with it being done shot by shot like the original, but I did have a problem with the so called acting which was just like everyone rushing through their lines in a last rehearsal, not believable at all...what more I really didn't appreciate seeing Sam's tattooed ass in the beginning, nor Norman beating off to Marion in the shower either.

I got that movie from the $5 bin at Wal-Mart, and I think I was overcharged for this miserable excuse of a movie.

I prefer the original, obviously...in the 1960s it WAS scarier because it was in black and white due to the audiences seeing horrific news reels that way as well...plus, the lack of color draws you in to pay more attention to the details I've always felt, when it's black and white it's not just another movie, like The Nanny, I don't believe it would have been near as good or scary had it been in color.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Original Psycho vs Remake   Original Psycho vs Remake EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 3:03 am

I agree with you. I even think that the blood down the drain scene is scarier in the b&w!

i dont like vince vaughn but would have likec gary cinise in that part... he could have played a good crazy guy
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Original Psycho vs Remake   Original Psycho vs Remake EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:15 pm

I much, much prefer the original one.

Vince Vaughn would have appeared creepier to us if we didn't have Perkins to compare him to. But Tony was brilliant casting for the role.

As for Heche, I don't know why in Hell she was selected for the part. But I'm not particuarly fond of her, anyway.

"Psycho" could never be remade ~ it should be left alone as Hitchcock's masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Original Psycho vs Remake   Original Psycho vs Remake EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:14 pm

wants2laugh wrote:
I agree with you. I even think that the blood down the drain scene is scarier in the b&w!

i dont like vince vaughn but would have likec gary cinise in that part... he could have played a good crazy guy

You mean that bug eyed guy from CSI? I always hear his name and think of Stu from The Stand laughing Somehow though I couldn't see him playing a guy dominated by his mother, especially his dead mother and then becoming her.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Original Psycho vs Remake   Original Psycho vs Remake EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:29 pm

The original Psycho was boring to me. I don't care for horror movies, but I wasn't impressed by that one at all. Haven't seen the remake. My gut is telling me that it's prob. better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original Psycho vs Remake   Original Psycho vs Remake Empty

Back to top Go down

Original Psycho vs Remake
Page 1 of 1