CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
CatEyes10736
RobbieFTW
Forgiveness Man
MandyPerfumeGirl
RedBedroom
Supernova
femme fatale
Jason B.
Marc™
Nystyle709
Chris
Tony Marino
16 posters

Pool or the Beach?

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Pool or the Beach? Empty Pool or the Beach?

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:15 am

Do you like going to a pool or the beach? I like going to the beach but I don't like the beaches much here in NY. When I do go to the beach its to tan up and swimming is very limited in the Atlantic murky ocean. I like a pool a lot better. I don't go to public pools, all those bodies in the water, the kids with their ever present germs and who knows how many of those people are urninating in the pool, YUK!!!! Give me the pacific ocean anytime or the Carribbean!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Pool or the Beach? Empty Re: Pool or the Beach?

Post by Chris Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:25 am

I've only been to the beach twice in my life, and neither time was in Michigan (which is called the "Great Lakes State," so there are presumably tons of beaches around here...but I don't know of any.) I guess I'm more of a pool person, but pools have their own sets of issues. This probably sounds silly, but I'm a bit skeeved by puddles of waters and wet footprints. But I go anyway.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:00 pm

I like the beach, but as I get older, I'm not feeling the murky Atlantic water like Tony said as much. If I'm in Miami and all points South, then definitely the beach. I'd definitely go to the beach here before I go to a public pool though.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:36 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I like the beach, but as I get older, I'm not feeling the murky Atlantic water like Tony said as much. If I'm in Miami and all points South, then definitely the beach. I'd definitely go to the beach here before I go to a public pool though.

Aren't the waters here terrible NY, sometimes there is so much debris floating in the water you don't even want to dip your toes in it. Like you though I would rather go in the ocean than any public pool!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 pm

I wanna go to a nude beach....
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Marc wrote:I wanna go to a nude beach....

I have been to a nude beach (HEY NYStyle ever heard of Riis Park????) it can be quite entertaining. I never took off my suit, it was a suit optional beach. If you ever felt badly about what you might look like naked then a nude beach is the place to go. There is everything from the absolutely gorgeous men and women to the most horrendous trolls you have ever seen, and all NUDE!! I don't go there anymore but I had a lot of interesting experiences there.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:22 am

Tony Marino wrote:

Aren't the waters here terrible NY, sometimes there is so much debris floating in the water you don't even want to dip your toes in it. Like you though I would rather go in the ocean than any public pool!

I went to Rockaway Beach last summer and there were empty dime bags all in the sand.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:24 am

Tony Marino wrote:

I have been to a nude beach (HEY NYStyle ever heard of Riis Park????) it can be quite entertaining. I never took off my suit, it was a suit optional beach. If you ever felt badly about what you might look like naked then a nude beach is the place to go. There is everything from the absolutely gorgeous men and women to the most horrendous trolls you have ever seen, and all NUDE!! I don't go there anymore but I had a lot of interesting experiences there.

I've heard of it, never been. I've never been to a nude beach, I wouldn't mind going either. Ever heard of Fire Island? My old roommate was telling me about it, is that gay nude beach or what?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

I've heard of it, never been. I've never been to a nude beach, I wouldn't mind going either. Ever heard of Fire Island? My old roommate was telling me about it, is that gay nude beach or what?

Riis Park if Bay 1 is still a nude beach it was a mixed crowd, mostly straight, the next bay was mostly gay.

Fire Island is split, The pines is mostly all straight and the Grove is mostly all gay.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:46 pm

I like both but probably prefer pools. So long as I go in a group, I will have fun either way.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:12 pm

I much prefer pools. Beaches have flies, bugs and God knows what else in the water and sand. Polluted beaches are a shame.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Pool, no sharks. Pool or the Beach? 978355
    Besides, I'm nowhere near the beach and have never been to one, so I gotta pick pool. However it has other advantages because there's no sand, it's not open to the public and there're no crabs.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:41 pm

I am not a fan of swimming, so I choose neither.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:16 am

I love swimming, it's one thing I look forward to most of the year.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:04 pm

I prefer pools over beaches for swimming. Beaches are beautiful, but they're way too crowded, and if a person is swimming in an indoor pool, they don't have to worry about being sunburned, etc. I'm just never comfortable swimming in water unless I can see through it, particularly in oceans - the chances of a shark coming up to the shore are very rare (!) but still, they're in the same body of the water, they're there! Pools 100%!

@ Femme Fatale - Who is that stunning woman as your profile photo? She's gorgeous!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:53 am

I can't swim, so I guess a beach would probably make more sense for me than a pool. At least there I could lay around, get some sun and look at bodies.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:18 am

Marc wrote:I can't swim, so I guess a beach would probably make more sense for me than a pool. At least there I could lay around, get some sun and look at bodies.

Just stay clear of the ocean then except to get your feet wet Smile
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:56 pm

Marc wrote:I can't swim, so I guess a beach would probably make more sense for me than a pool. At least there I could lay around, get some sun and look at bodies.

That's no fun to me. I can't go to a beach and just sit in the sun. I'm dark enough and it's too damn hot. I have to get in the water. But it's easier to learn how to swim in a pool rather than at the beach. The water is more controlled. Want me to teach you how?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:47 am

How about both as both are different experiences? Razz Pool is for casual swimming. The beach is a vacation. The ocean sounds are calming, the sand is an experience, you got the boards, and all the beach stuff. The beach and the pool are two totally different experiences ya'll! Razz
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:59 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:How about both as both are different experiences? Razz Pool is for casual swimming. The beach is a vacation. The ocean sounds are calming, the sand is an experience, you got the boards, and all the beach stuff. The beach and the pool are two totally different experiences ya'll! Razz

Given a choice what would you prefer right now? I agree about the ocean sounds being soothing but now when there are hundreds of people and children around.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:02 am

Tony Marino wrote:

Given a choice what would you prefer right now? I agree about the ocean sounds being soothing but now when there are hundreds of people and children around.
    Right NOW, probably a pool cause it's the 4th and it's crazy at the beach today.(Hence why we decided not to go) So yeah, today I wish we had our pool up. But I'd like to get to the beach a few times this year.(They actually filmed OLTL once at the boardwalk I go to, although the beach we use is over a bit) To me it's not an either-or thing. Beach is a vacation thing, and the pool is for regular basis swimming.

As for the nude beach, no way would I ever go on one of them. I'd only write about em. Razz
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:15 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Right NOW, probably a pool cause it's the 4th and it's crazy at the beach today.(Hence why we decided not to go) So yeah, today I wish we had our pool up. But I'd like to get to the beach a few times this year.(They actually filmed OLTL once at the boardwalk I go to, although the beach we use is over a bit) To me it's not an either-or thing. Beach is a vacation thing, and the pool is for regular basis swimming.

As for the nude beach, no way would I ever go on one of them. I'd only write about em. Razz

Cool, I agree that beaches are for vacationing if its the right beach. Personally I don't like the Atlantic Ocean much so I only go to the beach if a lot of friends are going and I cringe if I have to go in the water.

Nude beaches usually attract a lot of undesireable people who just like to watch and secretly take pics of the people that are there not to attract attention. Best you stay away from them.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Definitely pool because pool parties are fun! Smile
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:21 am

Tony Marino wrote:

Cool, I agree that beaches are for vacationing if its the right beach. Personally I don't like the Atlantic Ocean much so I only go to the beach if a lot of friends are going and I cringe if I have to go in the water.

Nude beaches usually attract a lot of undesireable people who just like to watch and secretly take pics of the people that are there not to attract attention. Best you stay away from them.

I don't really have that much a problem with the Atlantic Ocean. lol

Oh I know, the closest I ever intend to get to one is writing about one in one of my stories. Razz Frankly the concept seems exploitative to me. Razz I am surprised they are so easy to get into given the modern view of things.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:24 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:

I don't really have that much a problem with the Atlantic Ocean. lol

Oh I know, the closest I ever intend to get to one is writing about one in one of my stories. Razz Frankly the concept seems exploitative to me. Razz I am surprised they are so easy to get into given the modern view of things.

Well you know people do what they want to do no matter what, if they want to sunbathe naked well thats their business, I don't see it as exploitative more exhibitionism, unless you mean the people taking pics of said bathers. What kind of stories do you write?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:04 am