CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
wants2laugh
8 posters

Pool halls

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Question Pool halls

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:30 am

Suzi wrote on another thread that her grandmother thought pool halls were owned by the devil... how did you/your family feel about them???

I remember I was 8 yrs old, and my 16yr old cousin told me to keep bugging him to leave, that he wasn't that good and we should go. I did not understand, but i got to be annoying and it was OK... so i was in! lol turned out that he was hustling in the pool hall and got me included in on the scam by bugging him to go. I'll never forget the look on my mother's face when she picked us up from the police station after a fight broke out! lol cousin ant'ny, had $250 on him, and my mom yelled at both of us soooo bad. then when we got back he gave me some money... and i was like, "when we going again?" LOL
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Question Re: Pool halls

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:41 am

Oh, yeah, I have seen pool halls. I HATED pool as a kid as my dad always forced me to play well. He used to train me on Sundays at a place that was a club/car wash in Chicago. There were still people passed out on couches around the two tables that were in a building Dad got his car detailed.

My Dad used to hustle pool in Chicago with his buddy. I thought that was so stupid...but then ended up loving going out alone to shoot.

Funny, I ended up hustling pool before I became a mom. I was so good. Now I am not good at all. Dad is still decent. It makes me crazy. He never lost his skill. I lost my skill. I mean, I don't suck, but I can't beat everyone.

Man, I miss it a lot. I miss being so confident I could walk into any bar and take a game. Now, I am some little old lame ass chick who can only win about 50% of her games. I suck now.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:18 am

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:55 am

Pretty funny story WTL!
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:48 pm

The only difference between pool hall hustling and horse-racing racketeering is the setting.

Husband and I used to go play pool once a week during the winter but we haven't done that in a couple of years. Power bills have made sure that we can't blow money that way (winter's a tight time for us).
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:19 am

yeah... my family is dangerous when we all get together.... lol... we once went bowling and someone went to throw the ball, released it in the OPPOSITE direction, and it flew back and broke the seats... then the manager came yelling and kicked us out... in the confusion and arguing... a 2yr old locked himself in the phone booth took off his diaper and smeared it on the glass!!! i yelled at my cousin and told her it was his fault that he wasnt potty trained yet! LOL
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:38 am

Pool wasn't a family hobby, so I don't think my family felt any kind of way about them. Personally, I don't think I've ever been to one myself. The closest I have been to one is a sports/billiards bar, where there was a pool table.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:41 am

wants2laugh wrote:yeah... my family is dangerous when we all get together.... lol... we once went bowling and someone went to throw the ball, released it in the OPPOSITE direction, and it flew back and broke the seats... then the manager came yelling and kicked us out... in the confusion and arguing... a 2yr old locked himself in the phone booth took off his diaper and smeared it on the glass!!! i yelled at my cousin and told her it was his fault that he wasnt potty trained yet! LOL

One time in a bowling alley I watch an elderly woman literally pitch her ball up in the air like she was playing softball with it, and she did it time and again. Couldn't believe that no one came over to make her stop. It made the loudest crash, and likely did some damage to the surface.

That's hilarious about the kid in the phone booth.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:54 am

one of these days i gotta write a book about all the crazy stuff my wacky family has done! lol
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:46 pm

I used to go to pool halls when I was real young, like 12 and 13. As a matter of fact, there was the pool hall that was a block from my house that I grew up around. This white guy named Nick taught me how to shoot. I'm prob. rusty as hell right now, but if I play a few times....my skills will come back. I was decent back in the day.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Wasn't too big on pool halls growing. I remember when I was young there was a spot a lot of people from high school would kick it at, but by time I came up, it was closed down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:13 am