CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Impact
Supernova
GrayWolf
Tony Marino
wants2laugh
Forgiveness Man
Nystyle709
Chris
12 posters

Why was George W. Bush elected?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Why was George W. Bush elected? Empty Why was George W. Bush elected?

Post by Chris Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:22 am

Why was George W. Bush elected? George-w-bush-picture

In retrospect, why do you think Dubya was elected? Even if you weren't a supporter of his and didn't vote for him, why do you think he won over the people he did? What was it about him that you think clicked with his supporters?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Why was George W. Bush elected? Empty Re: Why was George W. Bush elected?

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:36 am

He didn't win anything. He was appointed. And quite frankly....the media gave him all the attention because they had 8 yrs of Clinton and Gore and they didn't want to see Gore become President.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:39 am

I think it was less that Dubya was something special and more that the alternatives merely sucked more. lol We had some crazed environmentalist with anger management issues and a droney flip-flopper. Not exactly prime cuts passed up upon. lol In terms of his conservatism, the guy was hardly Ronald Reagan. He was better than McCain (and his Dad, and Dole), for sure. So I am sure that made him fairly appealing as a candidate. He was a governor and that helped. But again, what was the alternative? lol I am sure many of his supporters wouldn't have handpicked him but he was who was running and compared with his literally insane opponents, he was the sensible choice. For all of his mistakes, I have absolutely no doubt that either of his opponents would've left the country in considerably worse shape.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:15 am

If you investigate, you will find that the company that was used to cross reference the voters against the felon database and null/void the votes of those recent felons illegally voided out many LEGALLY voting Americans. They took the names, but not the DOB, place of birth, or full names, and illegally did not permit many to vote. Even one baptist minister and one mayor in Florida were turned away from the polls due to these types of errors.

There are three really interesting documentaries which discuss this. Considering that this occurred mostly in minority communities, those being turned away were most likely democrat, therefore turning away votes for Gore.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:58 am

Aside from him being appointed to the Presidency, I am still trying to figure out why he was appointed to begin with.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:30 am

The first time he got elected it was by technicality. Should have been Gore's white house. Second time I think had to do because of the war and people not trusting Kerry to I guess be strong enough to manage the rest of it.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:35 am

The idea that Bush shouldn't have won the 2000 election is sore loser conspiracy. Razz Yeah, Gore really won, Walt's head is frozen somewhere, Elvis is alive, 9/11 was an inside job, and the government has a weather machine in their office that creates hurricanes specifically designed to hit areas of the country that they don't like. lol And ALL of this can be "proven" and there are so many interesting documentaries on how true all of this is. Wink
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Simply put because we didn't want Gore and we didn't want Kerry.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Supernova wrote:Simply put because we didn't want Gore and we didn't want Kerry.

The voting public did want Gore.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:37 pm

I don't know what W.'s fans saw in him, honestly. Some of it probably had to do with eight years of Clinton. Often times after one party president has been in office for two terms, the country becomes inexplicably ready for something that's polar opposite to their platform, politics and policies. That could be why W. was so oddly embraced in that 2000 election campaign, because he was "different" from Clinton.

Generally, I hesitate to agree with Supernova though when she said that his challengers weren't that strong in personality. The fence sitters needed someone who a little more hardheaded-seeming I suppose, and that was W.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:13 pm

GrayWolf wrote:The first time he got elected it was by technicality. Should have been Gore's white house. Second time I think had to do because of the war and people not trusting Kerry to I guess be strong enough to manage the rest of it.

co-signs
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:I don't know what W.'s fans saw in him, honestly. Some of it probably had to do with eight years of Clinton. Often times after one party president has been in office for two terms, the country becomes inexplicably ready for something that's polar opposite to their platform, politics and policies. That could be why W. was so oddly embraced in that 2000 election campaign, because he was "different" from Clinton.

Generally, I hesitate to agree with Supernova though when she said that his challengers weren't that strong in personality. The fence sitters needed someone who a little more hardheaded-seeming I suppose, and that was W.

Dubya is actually a pretty likable guy. I get it. Personally, I think he'd be fun as hell to be around.....esp if you go out drinking with him. He's just dumb as hell and wasn't in any position to run a country. Then again, you prob. can't put the country running into the ground on him. It wasn't like he was running it anyway.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:27 am

Dumb luck the first time. The second time was because he had managed to start a stupid ass war that nobody else understood but his admin....if they even did.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Good Question.

The first time was illegal appointment.

The bigger question is why the dumb-ass electorate voted Duh'bya in the second time?
    blank stare @ you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:50 am