How early do you plan for  Halloween? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How early do you plan for Halloween?

Go down 
+9
Nhaiyel
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Forgiveness Man
captainbryce
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Tony Marino
Supernova
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

How early do you plan for  Halloween? Empty
PostSubject: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:19 pm

How far in advance do you start preparing for Halloween? If you plan to be dressing up for the night I find this takes the MOST planning, because if you're like me, you can't just get something off the rack or even online without paying an arm and a leg, so most of my costumes have to be thrown together. This year I'm planning to be Alice, oddly enough I wear more dresses at Halloween than I have in my whole life since I was 10...and they do not make Alice in a 16 available where I can buy, so I have to have a dress made, and with no idea how long that'll take I'm already making the preparations for it. How about everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:40 pm

Ugh I don't do Halloween parties but I have to buy bags and bags of candy since the kids trick or treat in droves by me. I get the candy late sept. or early oct. Costco or BJ's here I come.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:47 pm

Past 3 years I have said I wasn't going to dress up, but I've decided last minute to dress up, and I buy a costume day of or day before.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:36 pm

I don't.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:44 pm

I generally don't celebrate Halloween.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Don't celebrate Halloween.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:21 pm

My wife buys the candy so whenever she brings it home.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Not much prep around here.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Not before two weeks prior to the day. I have seen some Halloween commercials play on TV this past week, and wasn't feeling it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:58 pm

If I decide to pass out candy, I buy it like a day or 2 before.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Don't plan to. We don't really get trick or treaters out here. Probably just turn the lights out & watch some movies.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:25 am

I buy candy at the last possible minute--no matter where I hide it in the house, it gets found and eaten, then I have to buy more, so I've taken to buying it right before.

We live in one of those neighborhoods where they bus the kids in, practically, to trick or treat, so I usually end up sitting by the door with a book, just tossing out handfuls of candy all night.

This year, I'm not sure if I'm working or not that night, and my daughter will be at dance class, so we may skip the whole thing if there's no one around to do the candy--the husband refuses to pass it out.

I haven't dressed up since college, for Halloween, and don't really plan to in the near future!

Here's a pic of the last time I wore a Halloween costume--this is me and my then best friend, Julie, at her house in 1987 for a party where the theme was "Punk" and everyone had to dress up like someone from the world of Punk Music. Julie was Nancy Spungeon of "Sid and Nancy"/Sex Pistols-fame, and I was Siouxie, from Siouxie and the Banshees:

How early do you plan for  Halloween? JulieandLisa
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:35 am

Cool costumes HG.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:47 am

Tony Marino wrote:
Cool costumes HG.

Thanks! I actually think it's fun to dress up, but no one will do it with me, so it takes the luster out of it--who wants to be the only one in a costume?

That's ok, though--I spent many years sewing Disney Princess costumes for my daughter for Halloween; she insisted on being a different princess every year!
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

Thanks! I actually think it's fun to dress up, but no one will do it with me, so it takes the luster out of it--who wants to be the only one in a costume?

That's ok, though--I spent many years sewing Disney Princess costumes for my daughter for Halloween; she insisted on being a different princess every year!

Up till a couple years ago I was the only one around here who still got dressed up, but recently my mother's gotten back in the swing of things, she's going to be Supergirl this year, laughing
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Supernova wrote:

Up till a couple years ago I was the only one around here who still got dressed up, but recently my mother's gotten back in the swing of things, she's going to be Supergirl this year, laughing

My daughter's at the age (16) where she wouldn't be caught dead in a costume, unless it was for dance recital, and some people in the lab where I work dress as vampires on Halloween, but that's been done to death--vampires drawing blood. . . not very original anymore! LOL
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

My daughter's at the age (16) where she wouldn't be caught dead in a costume, unless it was for dance recital, and some people in the lab where I work dress as vampires on Halloween, but that's been done to death--vampires drawing blood. . . not very original anymore! LOL

Year I was 16, I was a big fan of Highlander the movie, and also of the series, and I was Connor MacLeod, which nobody could guess who I was, but it was fun, my brother makes wooden swords and he had made a Claymore for me for the occasion.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Supernova wrote:

Year I was 16, I was a big fan of Highlander the movie, and also of the series, and I was Connor MacLeod, which nobody could guess who I was, but it was fun, my brother makes wooden swords and he had made a Claymore for me for the occasion.

I figure if people at work dress up this year, I could always break off a small tree branch, hang it out the seat-seam of my pants and say that I'm dressing as certain co-workers (ala, "branch up the ass"!) big grin

--but then again, as fun as that would be, I really don't want to get fired, either. . . lol
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:11 pm

Halloween hound here. We set up quite a spread on our yard, and we plan to start this weekend. It's spooky, not cutsey at all, and every year I open the door to a Trick-or-Treater in tears. Nevertheless, kids love us.

Am planning on a costume already, but am thinking of renting it this time. Maybe. we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:33 pm

Bluesmama wrote:
Halloween hound here. We set up quite a spread on our yard, and we plan to start this weekend. It's spooky, not cutsey at all, and every year I open the door to a Trick-or-Treater in tears. Nevertheless, kids love us.

Am planning on a costume already, but am thinking of renting it this time. Maybe. we'll see.

Got any costume in mind, Mama?
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Supernova wrote:

Got any costume in mind, Mama?

Yes. An angel. But I want the halo around my neck or waist, and I'll attach my devil horns on my head. In other words, a "failing angel". Since I'm thought of as being on the ornery, facetious side, others will relate to this outfit on me.

Last year I dressed up as Marie Laveau (voodoo priestess).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How early do you plan for Halloween?   How early do you plan for  Halloween? Empty

Back to top Go down

How early do you plan for Halloween?
Page 1 of 1