Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?

Go down 
+7
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Bluesmama
Supernova
FireIce918
CeCe
Marc™
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? Empty
PostSubject: Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?   Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:06 am

Do you think it's ever worth it to pay to eat at an insanely high costing restaurant....no matter how good the food is?
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?   Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:15 am

No, it's stupid to pay ridiculous prices. It's just food. And I like good food as much as anyone but there has to be a limit. I don't get the absurdly priced entree. But I'm low maintenance. Shrugs (Oh well…)
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?   Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:00 am

Not too many restaurants are worth it. I go to see and be seen. Otherwise, I could just pick up a to-go platter or fix me a grilled cheese sammich at home. I hate making small talk with waiters who don't want to work and who will fight to the end to convince me the hot fudge brownie is supposed to be burnt and trying to figure out tips and why the plate in front of me doesn't look like the picture.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?   Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:13 am

Whenever I eat at one I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?   Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:14 am

It would have to be something very outstanding or unique.

Some friends like to meet once in awhile for a spendy brunch that they feel is worth it, but I've yet to join them because I refuse to pay $30 for brunch.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?   Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:35 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?   Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:57 am

I have eaten in high scale restaurants and one word "NO" its not worth paying high prices just to eat there.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?   Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:18 am

Once every blue moon, but I'm never in any rush to break the bank when I eat out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?   Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:54 am

Hell no. "High class" to us is Olive Garden or a Medium Scale Italian restaurant or something. If the bill is more than 20ish per person, we don't typically go anywhere really expensive. And we've walked out of a restaurant cause ours jaws dropped at the menu prices. FORGIVENESS MAN The one expensive restaurant we stayed at, we regretted. They just aren't worth it. Service is typically lower, food is typically worse, and portions are typically smaller. What exactly are we paying for?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?   Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:45 am

Chances are, you can get just as good, if not better food at a lower priced restaurant, so in general no. However, I will make an exception for some select steakhouses. I've eaten at authentic steakhouses and I can definitely tell you that even though it's pricey, what they serve and how their steaks are make that little shit you get a TGIF's and Ruby Tuesday's look like Spam.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?   Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:32 am

Not if I'm paying. Now if they want to shell out $150+ on a meal for us both to dine at some posh and snooty restaurant, then I'll wear a nice dress and be all smiles and thank you's…but if I'm putting a dime on it myself, then we can go Red Lobster or Ruby Tuesday and call it a day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?   Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are Expensive Restaurants Worth It to You?
Page 1 of 1