Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?

Go down 
+9
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Marc™
Tony Marino
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Bluesmama
Supernova
13 posters

Which yard related chore do you like doing the least?
Mowing the lawn
Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? I_vote_lcap0%Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Raking leaves
Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? I_vote_lcap25%Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Shoveling snow
Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? I_vote_lcap75%Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? Empty
PostSubject: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:26 am

If you have to do any of these, which seasonal method of yard work do you hate doing the most?

I think I have to say raking leaves because we have a lot of little nooks and corners and crannies around the back porch they get into and have to all be dragged out from.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:24 am

I despise snow and cold, so this was a no-brainer for me.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 4:10 am

Shoveling snow.

I have never in my life mowed a lawn or raked leaves. Shoveling snow is something I rarely do also, most of the time my roommate takes care of that.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:02 am

I've done all three and shoveling snow was the most tedious.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:16 am

Shoveling heavy snow is awful.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:17 am

I absolutely hate shoveling snow!
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:28 pm

I hate winter but I don't mind shoveling snow because it doesn't take near as long to do that and clear the sidewalks and driveways and cut a path through the yard to walk, as it does to mow the lawn here and at my grandmother's house.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:19 pm

Snow shoveling is much, much worse than mowing and raking.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:21 pm

I have done all three and I hate shoveling snow the most.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:32 pm

We've been getting more snow in the last couple years but I have a LOT of trees. Almost rather set fire to the yard than rake those beasts to the curb.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:34 pm

CeCe wrote:
We've been getting more snow in the last couple years but I have a LOT of trees. Almost rather set fire to the yard than rake those beasts to the curb.

Have you tried mowing the leaves, Cece?
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:42 pm

Supernova wrote:

Have you tried mowing the leaves, Cece?
You know, it might be easier to try that. There are almost a dozen trees. One year the things were a couple feet high when the city pickup was slow getting out here. They ended up calling another truck. I thought when I moved out here at first that the trees were beautiful. Should have thought a little more ahead lol

Thanks for the idea
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:45 pm

CeCe wrote:

You know, it might be easier to try that. There are almost a dozen trees. One year the things were a couple feet high when the city pickup was slow getting out here. They ended up calling another truck. I thought when I moved out here at first that the trees were beautiful. Should have thought a little more ahead lol

Thanks for the idea

You're welcome, if we didn't have a garden to put them on for mulch I know that's what we'd do.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:42 pm

I Live in an apt so no mowing or raking and we don't have snow.

However, shoveling snow kills the most ppl. If you are not in shape it does not take too long to get over worked and have a heart attack. Ppl don't realize how much effort they are putting out for some reason & then they fall out.
Back to top Go down
gingersnaps
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
gingersnaps

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:00 pm

I live in a snow free area, so that was never a choice.

But raking my yards are a million times worse since the trees in both the front and back drop a huge load of leaves every day for almost two months.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Its really not so bad to shovel snow if it's fresh. It's after the pile up on top of ice that's back breaking. But of the three listed, that's the worst to do.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Bluesmama wrote:
I despise snow and cold, so this was a no-brainer for me.
co-signs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?   Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mowing the lawn, raking leaves, shoveling snow, which do you hate the most?
Page 1 of 1