CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Alan Smithee
wants2laugh
Cheaps
RedBedroom
Marc™
Tony Marino
10 posters

Little things that annoy you that really don't matter

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Little things that annoy you that really don't matter Empty Little things that annoy you that really don't matter

Post by Tony Marino Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:57 am

People spelling lose as loose.

People saying that they are nearly "24" when there birthday isn't for months.

People who get engaged to every boyfriend/girlfriend they have.

People who have been out of work for years and complain they really need a job but then won't go out and work in Mcdonalds.

People saying 'expresso' instead of 'espresso.'
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Little things that annoy you that really don't matter Empty Re: Little things that annoy you that really don't matter

Post by Marc™ Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:02 pm

I don't like the loose/lose thing either.
    Also hate it when I'm standing in line at the gas station with 1 or 2 things and I'm paying with cash....but the idiot in front of me has about 10 items and decides to pay with a debit card and has to wait for it to print and sign the receipt. The visual death rays I shoot into their back....
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Little things that annoy you that really don't matter Empty Re: Little things that annoy you that really don't matter

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:53 am

Bump
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:19 am

I guess mine would be people saying "O" (the letter O) and not zero when giving out certain numbers.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:27 am

except/accept

on court shows, i hear people say, "I borrowed him $1000 and he never paid it back" (instead of loaned him)... it seems to be a midwest thing from what i can tell, but its weird.

Not tooo much actually annoys me, but STUPID people and complainers really bother me. We have a woman at work who does not pay union dues, but is the first to call a shop steward about EVERY little freakin thing... she complains soooo damn much that our whole crew of 25 have shunned her.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:16 am

People who write "bump" instead of using the bump that Chris went through the trouble of giving us.

Just Kidding big hugz
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:18 am

I can't fast forward through some on demand cable shows.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:21 am

Having to watch what amount to commercials for TV shows before the movie in the theater starts.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:22 am

People who enter or leave through a self-closing door who don't even glance behind them to see if someone else is there.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:23 am

People who don't say "Thank you" when you hold the door for them.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:24 am

Tony Marino wrote:People spelling lose as loose.

People saying that they are nearly "24" when there birthday isn't for months.

People who get engaged to every boyfriend/girlfriend they have.

People who have been out of work for years and complain they really need a job but then won't go out and work in Mcdonalds.

People saying 'expresso' instead of 'espresso.'

Tony, how do you feel when someone axes you a question? big grin
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

wants2laugh wrote: except/accept...

My language thing is then/than. And it does matter - they are not the same word. pissed

wants2laugh wrote:...and complainers really bother me....
    Uh, wouldn't that be us right now? blank stare @ you
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:46 am

Shale wrote:

My language thing is then/than. And it does matter - they are not the same word. pissed

Uh, wouldn't that be us right now? blank stare @ you

Y don't you spell it, "werd"? blank stare @ you
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:54 am

Grammatical/spelling errors don't really bother me. At least not in an informal setting like an internet message board. Every now and then my mind is on auto pilot and I may type "your" instead of "you're" or "there" instead of "they're", etc. I know the correct word is "regardless" not "irregardless" (and certainly not irregardlessly Wink ). I do roll (not role) my eyes at some emails I receive at work though.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:01 am

Alan Smithee wrote:Grammatical/spelling errors don't really bother me. At least not in an informal setting like an internet message board. Every now and then my mind is on auto pilot and I may type "your" instead of "you're" or "there" instead of "they're", etc. I know the correct word is "regardless" not "irregardless" (and certainly not irregardlessly Wink ). I do roll (not role) my eyes at some emails I receive at work though.

WERD!rock
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Just trying for some consistency here.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:54 pm

i'm not bothered by ONLINE errors, because usually that is a typo, or the mind going faster than the fingers. I do it all the time... and damn, when Red gets going on something, she doesn't bother to proofread---don't piss her off! LOL

It's stupid people who do not know how to communicate that bother me, and their parents who did not insist on proper education.

And.. by the way....

BUMP! Just Dance
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Teachers that didn't fully erase the chalkboard before writing on it again...I was always the one starting at 2" lines thinking, "DON'T YOU SEE THAT? IS IT NOT IN YOUR WAY??"
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:52 pm

wants2laugh wrote:i'm not bothered by ONLINE errors, because usually that is a typo, or the mind going faster than the fingers. I do it all the time...

Damn skippy! LMAO! big hugz
    CaffeinePlease
    CaffeinePlease
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by CaffeinePlease Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:21 pm

wants2laugh wrote:on court shows, i hear people say, "I borrowed him $1000 and he never paid it back" (instead of loaned him)... it seems to be a midwest thing from what i can tell, but its weird.

I'm from the Midwest and I manage to speak properly. Gee, sorry I couldn't fit into your stereotype.

Things that annoy me are....

When I'm on the interstate and people cruise in the left lane. Left lanes are not for cruising they're for passing.

Slow drivers.

Lack of manners - a simple "please" of "thank you" is common courtesy in a lot of situations, but I guess it's too much work for some people.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Little things that annoy you that really don't matter How_to_hang_toilet_paper_4_xlarge
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:05 pm

CeCe wrote:Little things that annoy you that really don't matter How_to_hang_toilet_paper_4_xlarge
    co-signs
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:10 pm

CeCe wrote:Little things that annoy you that really don't matter How_to_hang_toilet_paper_4_xlarge

That depends. Where's the wall?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:18 am

CaffeinePlease wrote:

I'm from the Midwest and I manage to speak properly. Gee, sorry I couldn't fit into your stereotype.

didn't mean to sound like i was stereotyping, but from my own observation of the people who were using it, they were all from the midwest. Those two words are not usually confused in my region. It is possible for regions to have colloquialisms... so i did not mean to offend.

In my area... you often hear "J'eet?" "No, Jew"... which translate "Did you eat?" and "No, did you?"
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:39 am

wants2laugh wrote:

didn't mean to sound like i was stereotyping, but from my own observation of the people who were using it, they were all from the midwest. Those two words are not usually confused in my region. It is possible for regions to have colloquialisms... so i did not mean to offend.

In my area... you often hear "J'eet?" "No, Jew"... which translate "Did you eat?" and "No, did you?"

I'm in the Midwest and I hear people confuse borrow with lend all the time! Annoying. But frequent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:12 am