CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Alan Smithee
wants2laugh
Cheaps
RedBedroom
Marc™
Tony Marino
10 posters

Little things that annoy you that really don't matter

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Little things that annoy you that really don't matter - Page 2 Empty Re: Little things that annoy you that really don't matter

Post by Shale Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:29 am

wants2laugh wrote:didn't mean to sound like i was stereotyping, but from my own observation of the people who were using it, they were all from the midwest. Those two words are not usually confused in my region. It is possible for regions to have colloquialisms... so i did not mean to offend. ...
    Yous guys shouldn't get offended because there are regional ways of speaking.

In New Orleans you might hear someone say 'Study this' instead of 'look at this.' IDK if it is still said, I think it is from changing French to English syntax at one point and may have left by now, but you heard it in the '70s. Also ppl would go 'by' your house instead of 'to' your house, even if they intended to go in and visit.

And if you were lost in the Quarter you could 'ax' someone where 'Explanade' Ave was.

BTW, growing up in St. Louis I got into an argument with an adult that it is February not Febuary. Ppl hate smart ass kids. But, I outgrew that.
    big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Little things that annoy you that really don't matter - Page 2 Empty Re: Little things that annoy you that really don't matter

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:04 am

Shale wrote:
    Yous guys shouldn't get offended because there are regional ways of speaking.

BTW, growing up in St. Louis I got into an argument with an adult that it is February not Febuary. Ppl hate smart ass kids. But, I outgrew that.
    big grin

Did you also tell them that it's not Whensday?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:00 am

hahahaha...

here in southern jersey we go "down the shore" instead of "to the shore".

of course if you add in the accents then we "wawk the dawg before i go to the mawl" instead of walk the dog before i go to the mall LOL
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:03 pm

wants2laugh wrote:hahahaha...

here in southern jersey we go "down the shore" instead of "to the shore".

Oh not just southern Jersey! Not a dialect thing but we also tend to give travel time instead of distance when telling some one where a place is. Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:28 pm

A hang nail.
    CaffeinePlease
    CaffeinePlease
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by CaffeinePlease Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:24 pm

You people aren't worth the time to argue with. What a bunch of fairies.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:14 pm

CaffeinePlease wrote:You people aren't worth the time to argue with. What a bunch of fairies.

Little things that annoy you that really don't matter - Page 2 Tumblr_lsin9r75NC1qafrh6
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:21 pm

CaffeinePlease wrote:You people aren't worth the time to argue with. What a bunch of fairies.

No need to argue, it is just an opinion thats all. People make fun of my NY talk all the time I don't get offended.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:24 am