Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?" Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?"

Go down 
+2
Supernova
Nhaiyel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?" Empty
PostSubject: Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?"   Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?" EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Back in the day when I was 18, I dated this one guy who was the same age. I remember making some sort of a reference to being a teenager, and him asking me "you consider yourself a teenager?" I said yes…eighTEEN; back then (and to this day) I consider everyone between the ages of 13 and 19 a teenager until age 20. His argument was that, while it technically that may be true, in his mind…because he worked full time, paid bills, had familial responsibilities, and so on and so forth, that he (despite being 18 years old) had too much of an adult lifestyle to group himself in the category of being "teenager." To him that term represented being a kid, and he didn't consider himself that.

I guess I understood where he was coming from, but his rationalization to me just made him seem like a wannabe adult, which is something teenagers are famous for.

Last edited by Nhaiyel on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?"   Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?" EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:26 pm

I agree, if there's a TEEN in your number, you are a TEENager.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?"   Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?" EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Supernova wrote:
I agree, if there's a TEEN in your number, you are a TEENager.

co-signs not much way around that & nothing wrong with it either. You become an adult soon enough & wish for some of those carefree days again.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?"   Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?" EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Yeah. 18 and 19 yr olds are teenagers.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?"   Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?" EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:20 am

Nhaiyel wrote:
Back in the day when I was 18, I dated this one guy who was the same age. I remember making some sort of a reference to being a teenager, and him asking me "you consider yourself a teenager?" I said yes…eighTEEN; back then (and to this day) I consider everyone between the ages of 13 and 19 a teenager until age 20. His argument was that, while it technically that may be true, in his mind…because he worked full time, paid bills, had familial responsibilities, and so on and so forth, that he (despite being 18 years old) had too much of an adult lifestyle to group himself in the category of being "teenager." To him that term represented being a kid, and he didn't consider himself that.

I guess I understood where he was coming from, but his rationalization to me just made him seem like a wannabe adult, which is something teenagers are famous for.

As I said on Chris' topic about at what age do you think someone is an adult, if an 18-19 year old is keeping a roof over their head, feeding themselves, etc., I think they're a teenager in name only. Granted that isn't the norm and you can still do immature things at that age but so can "adults". Some people never seem to grow up. I wonder what the political landscape would be if politicians were as worried about the 18-25 year old demographic as they were about AARP members.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?"   Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?" EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:39 am

Alan Smithee wrote:
... Some people never seem to grow up. ....

Never Surrender! Never Grow UP!

Words get a bad connotation, and a young man of 18 or 19 can take offense if he will, but he is still a 'teenager.'

My mom's cute little Chihuahua is still a bitch.

Left handed ppl are still sinister.

And if you have blond hair and blue eyes in China, ppl will think you peculiar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?"   Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?" Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you not consider 18 and 19 year olds "teenagers?"
Page 1 of 1