Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out?

Go down 
+4
CeCe
RobbieFTW
Cheaps
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out? Empty
PostSubject: Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out?   Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:58 am

Do you believe that a sixteen year old should be legally permitted to drop out of high school?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out?   Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:45 am

i dropped out when i was 16... d-oh!
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out?   Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:49 am

No if the law says you're a child til 18, then you shouldnt be able to make a decision like that until then. Plus it's kinda a contradiction that 16 y/o's are free to drop out but still get picked up by police for being truant during school hours.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out?   Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:43 am

cheaps wrote:
i dropped out when i was 16... d-oh!

So did I & it was one of the most idiotic things I ever did. I did go back about 5 years later, made up all the credits & everything. So hell no it shouldn't be allowed. At 16, we're nowhere near as smart as we think we are.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out?   Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:00 am

My father dropped out when he was 16 and he's made a pretty good name for himself. Of course that was over 45 years ago, big difference between then and now. I don't know, on one hand it pretty much sounds like a person is throwing their future away because without even a complete high school education, what could they possibly do? But then again, just because they finish high school doesn't mean that they've studied any harder or learned anymore than someone who does drop out, it's just a formality.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out?   Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:53 pm

I think that if a kid is adamant about dropping out at 16, the alternative of online classes should be afforded him. Dropping out before graduation is not a good idea at all, but if a kid is really certain they do not want to be there, what good are they going to be there but for a big time waster for teachers and students who want to be there? So, I don't think they should be legally allowed to without a back up plan for online studies. And ZERO govt. assistance for anyone who dropped out.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out?   Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:52 pm

Yes, a 16 should be allowed to drop out of school if that's what they want to do. I dropped out when I was 15 and went back and finished when I was 17. It was the best decision I've ever made, to drop out. Four years of high school isn't for everyone and it certainly wasn't for me.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out?   Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:44 pm

I think that it should be legal but restricted. They should be required to take GED test classes OR just pass the GED if they want to drop out, imo. I was home schooled and took my GED at 16 (took the test right when I turned 16, in May) and started college that fall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out?   Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should sixteen year olds be allowed to drop out?
Page 1 of 1