CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

The Real Ghostbusters

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The Real Ghostbusters Empty The Real Ghostbusters

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:24 pm

Who remembers that cartoon from the 80s? And who loved it? In my opinion it was great as long as Lorenzo Music did the voice of Peter Venkman but once they replaced him with Dave Coulier...ehhh, you could just tell it wasn't the same. Peter went from sounding like Garfield, which was okay, to sounding like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle with a cold. But man, that cartoon was FUNNY!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The Real Ghostbusters Empty Re: The Real Ghostbusters

Post by Chris Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:31 pm

I do remember the Real Ghostbusters, but it was a little too similar to the movie for me. I remember the other Ghostbusters cartoon that came out during that same period, I think I liked that one more. It was a little goofier.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:36 pm

What other one? I only remember there being two...well technically three series. The Real Ghostbusters, Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters, and then Extreme Ghostbusters, but that last one came out in the 90s...and as memory serves I didn't care much for that one.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:30 am

Supernova wrote:What other one? I only remember there being two...well technically three series. The Real Ghostbusters, Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters, and then Extreme Ghostbusters, but that last one came out in the 90s...and as memory serves I didn't care much for that one.

I only remember there being two too. There was Ghostbusters and The Real Ghostbusters (which featured animated characters that resembled those of the film.)
    I didn't too much care for the latter of the two. This was a very long time ago, though...I'm guessing probably circa 1986 (?) So I could be hazy on some of the details.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:41 am

I'd say so because the cartoons aren't that much like the movie. In fact when the cartoon was made the creators were given direct instructions the characters weren't even supposed to look like the ones from the movie.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon May 23, 2011 2:36 pm

bump Can't believe it's been almost a year since I last posted on this one. But anyway, one thing I never got, Bill Murray didn't want Lorenzo Music doing the voice of his character Peter Venkman, because he didn't want Venkman to sound like Garfield...but years later Bill Murray is doing the voice of Garfield so what's up with that? Also, I mentioned at the beginning that Dave Coulier was called in to replace Lorenzo Music and you can tell when they changed because the voice just is not the same, BUT Coulier was ALSO called in to fill in for Music as Garfield when he was ill, and Garfield never sounded off, so I don't get that one at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:21 am