CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Tony Marino
Chris
8 posters

The easiest/hardest languages to learn

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The easiest/hardest languages to learn Empty The easiest/hardest languages to learn

Post by Chris Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:02 pm

What languages do you think are the easiest to learn, and what are the hardest? I've heard it said before that English is one of the more difficult languages to learn; do you think that's true?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The easiest/hardest languages to learn Empty Re: The easiest/hardest languages to learn

Post by Tony Marino Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:03 pm

I always thought French was the hardest but what about Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

The easiest/hardest languages to learn Empty Re: The easiest/hardest languages to learn

Post by Cheaps Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:00 pm

Maybe Spanish is easiest to learn, and hardest (for me) to learn would be Chinese or Japanese.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:55 pm

English and Mandarin are the hardest, prob. Bengali too. I think Spanish is the easiest. You hear so much of it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:29 pm

Chris wrote:...I've heard it said before that English is one of the more difficult languages to learn; do you think that's true?

I think that is true. I often observe that I am grateful that English is my native tongue because it makes no sense to someone trying to learn it as a second language.

It is difficult for the same reason that Asian languages like Chinese are. While supposed to be an alphabetical language it is full of ideograms like Chinese. "Cough" is such an ideogram. It has no relation to Kof. Like shaw said, in English "ghoti" spells "fish."
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:33 pm

I know Latin is no picnic.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:00 pm

Spanish can be pretty easy, and I found German really easy to pick up.

English can be pretty hard, but I'm sure Chinese can be as well.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I always thought French was the hardest but what about Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese?

Yes Arab is EXTREMELY hard to learn. Its a whole separate alphabet. My dads family is Arab and I live in an area that has a heavy middle eastern population so I know some stuff here & there but am not fluent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:35 am