CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Nystyle709
CeCe
Chris
7 posters

'Gay Couple Assaulted by Church Leaders' (video)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News 'Gay Couple Assaulted by Church Leaders' (video)

Post by Chris Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:20 am

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Assault-Complaints-Filed-after-Incident-at-Church-130746713.html

Assault Complaints Filed after Incident at Church

By dwilkerson@wbbjtv.com
    By Daniel Wilkerson

Story Created: Sep 28, 2011 CDT

Story Updated: Sep 28, 2011 at 8:29 PM CDT
    A gay Gibson County couple said they were assaulted when they tried to attend church services at the Grace Fellowship Church in Fruitland last Wednesday.

"I went over to take the keys out of the ignition and all the sudden I hear someone say 'sick'em,'" said Gibson County resident, Jerry Pittman Jr.

Pittman said the attacked was prompted by the pastor of the church, Jerry Pittman, his father.

"My uncle and two other deacons came over to the car per my dad's request. My uncle smash me in the door as the other deacon knocked my boyfriend back so he couldn't help me, punching him in his face and his chest. The other deacon came and hit me through my car window in my back," said Pittman. He said bystanders did not offer assistance. He said the deacon yelled derogatory homosexual slurs, even after officers arrived. He said the officers never intervened to stop the deacons from yelling the slurs.

"If I was on the scene I would not have allowed that. The deputy should not have allowed it if he did," said Gibson County Sheriff Chuck Arnold.

Pittman said neither he nor Lee were allowed to press charges while at the church.

"I haven't talk to him but that would be out of character for my deputy to say unless they were causing a problem themselves," said Sheriff Arnold.

Friday, the couple filed assault charges against Deacons Billy Sims and Eugene McCoy. Pittman pressed additional charges against his father and Deacon Patrick Flatt. Pastor Pittman's attorney contacted ABC 7 Eyewitness News by phone and said she had no comment and demanded we not contact the pastor.

All parties are due in court October 4.

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

News Re: 'Gay Couple Assaulted by Church Leaders' (video)

Post by CeCe Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:42 am

Saw this on Towleroad. It's not surprising. But good to shine the light on the cockroaches & make them run. Preacher Daddy & his following are sorry excuses for human beings. Good for them for pressing charges.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:35 am

That's fucked up. Good that they pressed charges.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:07 am

Fruitland? How ironic!

It's a sad shame that the guy's own father is such a hater. I really bad for him. Seems like there's a good ole boys club in that town. If I were them, I would try to get as far away from there as I can get.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:18 pm

tmontyb wrote:Fruitland? How ironic!

It's a sad shame that the guy's own father is such a hater. I really bad for him. Seems like there's a good ole boys club in that town. If I were them, I would try to get as far away from there as I can get.

Noticed that too, huh? At first I thought this story was going to be about someone not being allowed to attend a church service but a physical assault? Throw the book at the church officials although good luck with that as it sounds like the victims of the attack could wind up being the ones charged with something based on the alleged actions of law enforcement on the scene. Think igoing to be a little tense at the Pittman Thanksgiving dinner this year?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Noticed that too, huh? At first I thought this story was going to be about someone not being allowed to attend a church service but a physical assault? Throw the book at the church officials although good luck with that as it sounds like the victims of the attack could wind up being the ones charged with something based on the alleged actions of law enforcement on the scene. Think igoing to be a little tense at the Pittman Thanksgiving dinner this year?

If he's the typical southern pastor I've come in contact with over the years he probably doesn't allow his gay child in the house. He probably told his son to turn from his "sinful ways" & when the son refused he "shook the dust off his feet". It's the general response.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:48 pm

I see your sarcasm detector needs to be recalibrated. Wink
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:I see your sarcasm detector needs to be recalibrated. Wink

Well first I said "If he's the typical southern pastor I've come in contact with over the years..."

Lived in the south. Went to church in the south. Quite a few of them actually from southern baptist to pentecostal to aog to non-denom to vineyard to calvary chapel. For the sake of time, I'll stop there. It was always the same. I know this type very well.

Wish it were but sorry afraid not. The southern christian reaction to homosexuality is something I'm quite familiar with.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Sad, sick, and wrong. If this was my father I don't think I could find it in me to forgive him, ever.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:59 pm

Bluesmama wrote:Sad, sick, and wrong. If this was my father I don't think I could find it in me to forgive him, ever.

I know I couldn't. They would probably both be better off just leaving that hick town & enjoying their lives in a more peaceful accepting place. They're brave & I commend them for that but no one should have to deal with that level of crazy.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:28 pm

Well, makes me feel not so hateful toward those fucked up Moslem fanatics when I realize the ignorant peasantry in our own country.

I too have spent time in the South. What really irritates me is the pious hypocrisy of these christian haters and that they cannot see how they violate the tenets of their own faith. And they are all guilty accomplices in that community.

It is doubtful that justice will be dealt by the court in that backwater town, just like in the Jim Crow days for blacks. And yet black christians in that area are also forgetful of the injustice a mere generation ago.

Yeah, those guys should do what so many good gay ppl do, go to some more enlightened place and leave the fundamentalists to grovel in their benighted filth until they eventually find themselves in hell.

OK, Chritian apologists tell me how fucked up MY attitude is.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:03 am

Opa Shale wrote:OK, Chritian apologists tell me how fucked up MY attitude is.

I don't think you'll get that here, Opa.

Now I don't live in the deep south, but this bullshit doesn't represent ME or any Christian that I know ~ I literally don't know anyone who would condone this treatment, even the ones I suspect can't accept homosexuality. And you're right ~ it IS against the tenet of JC's teachings. He wouldn't have approved at all.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:03 pm

No news that I can find about the assault on the couple. But there is one on the upstanding man of god & protector of marriage.
    Gibson County Pastor Charged With Stealing

ABC 7 Eyewitness News has learned about new allegations against the same Gibson County pastor accused of assaulting his gay son and his boyfriend.

According to Trenton police, they recently arrested Pastor Jerry Pittman, of Fruitland's Grace Fellowship Church, on charges of stealing from a local business.

"It's hard enough nowadays to trust people and I just can't believe that a pastor would even steal anything," said Trenton resident Hayley Gordon.

Police arrested the 52-year-old on September 21, after his estranged wife told them she had heard from co-workers that he had been stealing from her business.

"Our investigation into the incident that was reported showed that he and another gentleman did scrap copper at a scrap yard here in Trenton," Lt. James Wilson said.

Investigators said he scrapped the copper at least three different times since August. It was hundreds of pounds, and worth more than $1,000.

"It was quite a bit that they scrapped," Wilson said.

This actually is not the first time Pittman has been arrested. Police said he was arrested back in 2006 for a simple assault charge.

"It was over an incident where the daughter and the boyfriend had a joint child," Wilson said. "There were some accusations involving the father of the child, which was the boyfriend, and he confronted the father of his grandchild at a local grocery store."

According to investigators, Pittman is charged with theft of more than $1,000. He bonded out of jail the day he was arrested, and his next court appearance will be October 28 at Trenton Municipal Court.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Gibson-County-Pastor-Charged-With-Stealing-131295989.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:24 am