CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
CatEyes10736
Supernova
6 posters

The Twilight Zone

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The Twilight Zone Empty The Twilight Zone

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Let's talk about the Twilight Zone. What episodes did you like the best? The least? Which ones did you find to be particularly creepy? Can anybody believe the 4th of July marathon is canceled and replaced by a marathon of Greatest American Hero?

I like the episodes everybody else seems to hate, Kick the Can and stuff...one of my favorites is the Bewitching Pool...for some reason not too many people like that one. I don't know why...oh everybody complains about the girl being dubbed to sound like Rocky the Squirrel. Well nobody complains about German soldiers having American accents in All Quiet on the Western Front. I like that one, I like Aunt T, I like that the kids got to be with somebody who actually loved them. How about everybody else?
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

The Twilight Zone Empty Re: The Twilight Zone

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:30 am

What network was going to run a Twilight Zone marathon?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:23 pm

The Sy-Fy channel, which has a tradition of TZ marathons for the 4th of July and New Year's Eve, but the 4th of July one isn't going to show this year.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:27 pm

Supernova wrote:The Sy-Fy channel, which has a tradition of TZ marathons for the 4th of July and New Year's Eve, but the 4th of July one isn't going to show this year.

I think maybe because a lot of people are on vacation for the 4th of July so they don't want to do the marathon?? I have the entire collection of Twilight Zone on DVD but I still enjoy watching the marathon on New Years Eve before going out to celebrate.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:29 pm

Supernova wrote:Let's talk about the Twilight Zone. What episodes did you like the best? The least? Which ones did you find to be particularly creepy? Can anybody believe the 4th of July marathon is canceled and replaced by a marathon of Greatest American Hero?

I like the episodes everybody else seems to hate, Kick the Can and stuff...one of my favorites is the Bewitching Pool...for some reason not too many people like that one. I don't know why...oh everybody complains about the girl being dubbed to sound like Rocky the Squirrel. Well nobody complains about German soldiers having American accents in All Quiet on the Western Front. I like that one, I like Aunt T, I like that the kids got to be with somebody who actually loved them. How about everybody else?

I love the one with Telly Savalas Talking Tina and the one with Agnes Moorehead where the little people were attacking her and turned out she was actually the Alien and the little people were the USAF! I like the one with the watch that stopped time and the one with Burgess Meredith where he was the book worm. I liked the one also with the little boy that had the power to wish people away (they used this one in the Twilight Zone Movie)

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:21 pm

Another one of my favorites is The Obsolete Man, also with Burgess Meredith as a bookworm, or rather, librarian.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:23 pm

Do they run the classic TZ episodes from the 60s, or do they run the 80s revival episodes - or both?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Generally marathons run from the 60s series only, though last year they had half a day first of the 80's episodes.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:08 pm

A couple of favorites of mine are "To Serve Man" and "The Hunt". I think most fans know about To Serve. The Hunt is about a hillbillie who comes back from hunting with his dog to find things very different. None of the TZ ever really creeped me out but another contemporary show, Alfred Hitchcock Presents had an episode where a young punk on a prison farm plans an escape with an old trustee in charge of convict burials. I won't say any more but after I saw that episode as a kid it was years until I watched the show again. Too bad because there were some really good ones.
    Vampire Mum
    Vampire Mum
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by Vampire Mum Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:33 pm

I am burned out on the Twilight Zone. I have seen it to many times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:57 am