Where should cellphones be banned? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where should cellphones be banned?

Go down 
+6
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Tony Marino
Bluesmama
Supernova
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Where should cellphones be banned? Empty
PostSubject: Where should cellphones be banned?   Where should cellphones be banned? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Are there any places where you feel cellphones should always be off-limits?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Where should cellphones be banned?   Where should cellphones be banned? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:36 pm

Church, weddings, funerals.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Where should cellphones be banned?   Where should cellphones be banned? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Libraries, movie theaters, classrooms.

Our office has "turn off cellphone" signs posted, because if someone's chatting away when it's his/her turn for service, then that person loses his/her turn. We don't wait for someone to finish the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Where should cellphones be banned?   Where should cellphones be banned? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:07 pm

cars (unless you have blue tooth) movie theatres, restaurants, trains, buses, libraries, supermarkets.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Where should cellphones be banned?   Where should cellphones be banned? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:09 pm

Nowhere, I like to have my cell phone with me everywhere, I know how to put my phone on silent
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Where should cellphones be banned?   Where should cellphones be banned? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:35 pm

The typical places. You shouldn't be talking on your phone in the library or in a classroom or a movie theater.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Where should cellphones be banned?   Where should cellphones be banned? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:04 pm

MOVIE THEATERS!!!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Where should cellphones be banned?   Where should cellphones be banned? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Unless you want to be available for the baby sitter, doctor, etc., phones should be off in theaters, classrooms, restaurants, weddings, etc. Sorry though nephew but I have to disagree with places like trains and supermarkets. What's the difference between having a conversation on a phone and one with a person sitting next to you? Just use your indoors voice.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Where should cellphones be banned?   Where should cellphones be banned? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:19 am

They shouldn't be banned anywhere as long as people can be smart enough to use the silent mode. Unfortunately, people ruin it for the courteous folk.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Where should cellphones be banned?   Where should cellphones be banned? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:25 am

RedBedroom wrote:
They shouldn't be banned anywhere as long as people can be smart enough to use the silent mode. Unfortunately, people ruin it for the courteous folk.
Why use silent mode if you're not going to answer the phone in a dark theater? (Yes, the light is distracting, which is why they now say no talking or texting).

When I was in Missouri, going to the Wehrenberg Theatres, they had a prominent sign:

"ZERO TOLERANCE CELL PHONE POLICY

For the enjoyment of our guests, all movie-goers are asked to TURN OFF CELL PHONES or put them on vibrate before entering the auditorium. Should you need to take a call or text message, please do so outside of the auditorium.

Theater staff and security officers will regularly check auditoriums to make sure our audiences respect this policy and comply. Movie-goers who use a cell phone during any part of the on-screen presentation will be asked to leave without a refund."

I love it!
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Where should cellphones be banned?   Where should cellphones be banned? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:36 pm

In cars unless you have a hands-free device. Where I live, it's illegal to use your phone while driving unless you have a hands-free device.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where should cellphones be banned?   Where should cellphones be banned? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where should cellphones be banned?
Page 1 of 1