CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
Bluesmama
RedBedroom
7 posters

Parents...do you ever feel in need of a break from the kiddos?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Parents...do  you ever feel in need of a break from the kiddos?  Empty Parents...do you ever feel in need of a break from the kiddos?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:37 am

The best days in my life are spent with my son. But sometimes I just seek a break. I think it does him good to spend a night away. I always miss him so much after a night, but I love a night off. And I am wishful thinking that tomorrow will be one of those nights!
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Parents...do  you ever feel in need of a break from the kiddos?  Empty Re: Parents...do you ever feel in need of a break from the kiddos?

Post by Bluesmama Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:22 am

Yes, I felt that way when raising my daughter. I used to tell her that sometimes we'll do things as a family, sometimes she'll do things with one of us, and sometimes Mom & Dad will do things without her. Usually she stayed with someone that had kids around, so it was not hard for her.

Do not feel pressured into thinking that your son should be with you 100% of the time. I take it you are a single mom? It is not only good for you, but it's good for the boy to be around others, too.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Parents...do  you ever feel in need of a break from the kiddos?  Empty Re: Parents...do you ever feel in need of a break from the kiddos?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:28 am

No, Blues, I am not a single mom. His dad lives with us. And with all of his activity, I do get my time alone. But when I crave it, I feel a bit guilty.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:49 am

Well, think of it as a healthy thing.

My mom was very possessive and she wanted me all to herself, seldom let me play with friends or go to someone's house. I resented it throughout my childhood. LOVED the few opportunities when Mom wasn't home. I needed breaks from her.

How old is he?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:59 am

He is 12. And he truly does a lot without me. I am not too controlling... though he may spew a different tale!

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:19 am

RedBedroom wrote:He is 12. And he truly does a lot without me. I am not too controlling... though he may spew a different tale!

I think you can pretty much count on that Red big grin (but I'll take your side). And although I know you cherish your time with your son, there's nothing wrong with wanting time for yourself now and then.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:25 am

Yes. Which is why I'm usually thrilled when the first week of September rolls around and it's time for her to go back to school. Love my child more than life itself, but I appreciate when she's at school.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Thats what aunts and uncles are for big grin

So they can give you a break.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:39 pm

You should never feel guilty about that. You may be a mom but you're also a human being. You NEED time to yourself. Sometimes you feel like you're going to spontaneously combust without it. Being a parent can be overwhelming. Sometimes you just want to be "you" without ANY demands or distractions.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Oh yeah. Sometimes I will quietly duck out while my boyfriend is home w/o saying anything, leaving him alone with the baby. When I return he'll have this annoyed look on his face.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:36 am