ATM fees Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ATM fees

Go down 
+4
Bluesmama
Shale
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

ATM fees Empty
PostSubject: ATM fees   ATM fees EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:55 am

Chris made me think of this with his check cashing topic. How unwilling are you to pay these? I know no one is willing to pay them but presuming your bank doesn't charge for using theirs, will you go through the trouble to find one instead of paying the fee at another ATM?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

ATM fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATM fees   ATM fees EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:16 am

Yes I would. I have to really be in a hurry or in a pinch to use an ATM that isn't my branch. Fortunately for me, there are a million Chase ATM's around here. I usually don't have to go too far to find one. They have them at every Duane Reede if I can't make it to the bank.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

ATM fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATM fees   ATM fees EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:46 pm

I haven't used an ATM in a few years. I use my debit card at the grocery store and get $50 cash back with it. I go to the grocery often as I only buy 10 items at a time to take home on my bicycle handlebars so I can usually keep sufficient spending change that way.

I have gotten quite used to using this debit card and when I heard of BOA (maybe the biggest but not the best liked bank) charging for the use of debit cards it really pissed me off. I was going to let my bank know that I am eligible for a credit union and would take out my measely savings if they tried charging me for my debit card (which they have pushed because it cuts down on processing paper checks).

Anyhow, when I went online to look for my bank, there was a CNN report where the CEO said they were not going to do it. I have a feeling BOA will get a lot of ppl going to other banks over that issue.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

ATM fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATM fees   ATM fees EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:52 pm

Opa Shale wrote:
I haven't used an ATM in a few years. I use my debit card at the grocery store and get $50 cash back with it. I go to the grocery often as I only buy 10 items at a time to take home on my bicycle handlebars so I can usually keep sufficient spending change that way.

I have gotten quite used to using this debit card and when I heard of BOA (maybe the biggest but not the best liked bank) charging for the use of debit cards it really pissed me off. I was going to let my bank know that I am eligible for a credit union and would take out my measely savings if they tried charging me for my debit card (which they have pushed because it cuts down on processing paper checks).

Anyhow, when I went online to look for my bank, there was a CNN report where the CEO said they were not going to do it. I have a feeling BOA will get a lot of ppl going to other banks over that issue.

I had read about this too and it really pisses me off. Did I understand you to say that BOA has announced that they weren't going to do this now? I also read that Chase and Wells Fargo were going to test a $3 monthly fee for debit card use.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

ATM fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATM fees   ATM fees EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:15 pm

I heard it on the TV news a couple days ago, but just this morning saw this link on facebook.

http://act.boldprogressives.org/survey/sign_wallstreet_movemoney/?source=fb
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

ATM fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATM fees   ATM fees EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:15 pm

I do not care about paying the fees when I'm on vacation. And I mention this because when I was in New Orleans in April I found out the hard way that there is no BOFA there. When I found a c.c. kiosk in a mall, last thing I cared about was a few dollars fee.

Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

ATM fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATM fees   ATM fees EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:38 pm

I almost never use an ATM machine that either isn't my bank, or isn't a no-fee ATM. I scoff at the idea of paying $2 and $3 in fees for the privilege of using some random ATM. It's just not happening.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

ATM fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATM fees   ATM fees EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:02 am

CatEyes10736 wrote:
I almost never use an ATM machine that either isn't my bank, or isn't a no-fee ATM. I scoff at the idea of paying $2 and $3 in fees for the privilege of using some random ATM. It's just not happening.

In some cases, a persons own bank may charge them for using an ATM machine that isn't one of theirs; even if said ATM is a no-fee and itself doesn't charge for the privileged of using it. My finacee's bank is like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

ATM fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATM fees   ATM fees EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:58 am

I checked online and found my bank issued a pre-emptive statement that they do not plan to charge for debit card use.

I work for a non-profit and could join a credit union. I may just do that as a backup (& I think I can remain even after I get fired). I like the convenience of the bank I use, but there is a limit to how much they can gouge me.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

ATM fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATM fees   ATM fees EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:43 pm

If I have to then I will, no biggie, I just have to save the receipts and my bank will reimburse the charges.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

ATM fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATM fees   ATM fees EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Most of the time I just use my debit card. I can't remember the last time I withdrew money from the ATM, but whenever I do I always look for one from my bank. I'm not going to be charged $2.50-$3.50 for the privileged of withdrawing my own cash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ATM fees Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATM fees   ATM fees Empty

Back to top Go down

ATM fees
Page 1 of 1