Are bank overdraft fees fair? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are bank overdraft fees fair?

Go down 
+4
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Are bank overdraft fees fair? Empty
PostSubject: Are bank overdraft fees fair?   Are bank overdraft fees fair? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:35 am

My sister went over on her checking account by sixty cents and was charged an overdraft fee of thirty-five dollars. Naturally she doesn't think that was fair.

What do you think about overdraft penalties, and have you ever been burdened by them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Are bank overdraft fees fair?   Are bank overdraft fees fair? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:54 pm

That is a bit ridiculous for 60 cents. No I have never had that happen to me.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are bank overdraft fees fair?   Are bank overdraft fees fair? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:34 pm

That's happened to me once....but its never been a problem because I have a checking AND savings account. If I don't have enough in the checking, it will come out if my savings.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Are bank overdraft fees fair?   Are bank overdraft fees fair? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:06 pm

That's happened a few times with me, but I was never charged any overdraft fees. I'm with compass bank, and opted "out"...basically protects me from overdraft fees.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Are bank overdraft fees fair?   Are bank overdraft fees fair? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 7:31 pm

To avoid that I have a few hundred dollars in my account that are not on the book. Have never had an overdraft.

However, If that amount happened to me and I could not get the bank to rescind it, I would be making a final withdrawal and putting it in another bank.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Are bank overdraft fees fair?   Are bank overdraft fees fair? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:40 am

Bank fees are getting crazy. People have to be so careful.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Are bank overdraft fees fair?   Are bank overdraft fees fair? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 5:54 am

I have a horrific bank fee story. My supermarket processes checks electronically. If you write it at the register, it was not processed as a paper check.

The check was for $98. But the supermarket computer put the same check through every day until the account was overdrawn. THEN the supermarket charged me $25, and the bank charged me $35. The supermarket continued to but the check through everyday for 8 months!!!! I could not just simply withdrawl the money and close the account "while there was activity on the account". The bank actually told me they wanted me to pay $15,000 in fees. The woman there told me, "I'll ruin your credit". I said "go ahead, you already financed my car, and I own my house... so screw you". I finally got an apology letter from thm with a check for $10 for the inconvenience---that could only be deposited in THEIR bank! shake sense n2u wanted to strangle them!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are bank overdraft fees fair?   Are bank overdraft fees fair? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:41 pm

Most banks are scum. Credit card companies too. They charge whatever they can get away with. Know the rules and protect yourself. W2L, did you contact anyone about the screw job you got or did you just try to fight them yourself?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are bank overdraft fees fair?   Are bank overdraft fees fair? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are bank overdraft fees fair?
Page 1 of 1