CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Alan Smithee
Chris
Bluesmama
RedBedroom
Marc™
9 posters

The Police In Your Area

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

The Police In Your Area Empty The Police In Your Area

Post by Marc™ Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:39 pm

What's your opinion of your local police? Do they do their job? Are they scarce or negligent? Got any annoying habits or quirks?

The police in my area are bored. They roam around the street seeming like they have nothing else to do, and then park and people watch.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

The Police In Your Area Empty Re: The Police In Your Area

Post by RedBedroom Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Our suburb got their own police a while back. We only had experiences with them a few times, and so far, not too bad.

In Spring, my step daughter got stopped for speeding in this suburb at 2 in the morning and she was given a hard time because the cop was pissed she hadn't been drinking and gave her the breathalyzer and field sobriety tests which of course, she passed because she wasn't drinking. She said he was a real jerk about it all.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:45 pm

I live in the burbs, and what's unique about ours is that you never see a single police car in pursuit, or pull someone over. It's always two cars, often a bigger wolf-pack. And, yes, I think they do a very good job, although their response to non-emergency is way too slow.

We used to have a tremendous gang problem here in the 90's, and I think that's why the police force beefed up.

Now, the traffic cops LOVE to hide between the trees down the street some mornings, and we often don't notice them until we've almost passed them. You can call that one an annoyance.

Last edited by Bluesmama on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:46 pm

Pretty competent. I live in a high traffic, business district, so the police are always around if only for the sake of traffic control. If I were to call 9-1-1, they'd probably be here within five minutes.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:50 pm

I've never had any contact with them which is generally a good thing so I have no opinion either way.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:I've never had any contact with them which is generally a good thing so I have no opinion either way.

You sure about that Uncle Al?

How soon we forget about that bar room brawl, and drunk/disorderly charge back in '78. big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Chris wrote:

You sure about that Uncle Al?

How soon we forget about that bar room brawl, and drunk/disorderly charge back in '78. big grin

Yeah, but I went to H.S. with those guys so I didn't really think of them as "cops". big grin
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:09 am

We have some surprising pigs considering it is Miami Beach - a tourist destination.

You may have heard about the tourists who were laying on the beach being run over by a DRUNK COP ON DUTY JOY RIDING SOME BIMBO ON HIS ATV DOWN THE BEACH AT NITE! Shocked

Then there were the cops who were beating a guy up in one of our parks notorious for gay cruising. A bystander saw them and called 911. The pigs saw the bystander and came after him, ruffing him up, calling him a faggot and arresting him - charged with resisting arrest to explain the ruff up. ALL OF IT HEARD AND RECORDED BY THE 911 DISPATCHER. Shocked

And the Urban Beach Weekend this Memorial Day had one black guy shot by some cops in the tourist district.

Where do they get these guys?

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:00 am

Opa Shale wrote:We have some surprising pigs considering it is Miami Beach - a tourist destination.

You may have heard about the tourists who were laying on the beach being run over by a DRUNK COP ON DUTY JOY RIDING SOME BIMBO ON HIS ATV DOWN THE BEACH AT NITE! Shocked

Then there were the cops who were beating a guy up in one of our parks notorious for gay cruising. A bystander saw them and called 911. The pigs saw the bystander and came after him, ruffing him up, calling him a faggot and arresting him - charged with resisting arrest to explain the ruff up. ALL OF IT HEARD AND RECORDED BY THE 911 DISPATCHER. Shocked

And the Urban Beach Weekend this Memorial Day had one black guy shot by some cops in the tourist district.

Where do they get these guys?

Klan rallies?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:42 am

They ride around a bit and they come when we call them for the most part. I haven't seen anyone harassing anybody lately, but I live in an area where there are a plethora of black neighborhoods. I live in a middle to upper middle class predominately black neighborhood, but certain surrounding ones have the derelicts. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if a situation went on.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:26 pm

Oh typical, don't count on them to come unless somebody's calling about YOU. And everything's always YOUR fault, you should know better even if you didn't do anything.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Assholes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content