CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Supernova
Cheaps
Chris
9 posters

Food that gets served at family get-togethers that you can't stand.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Food that gets served at family get-togethers that you can't stand. Empty Food that gets served at family get-togethers that you can't stand.

Post by Chris Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am

What food tends to be served at your family get togethers that you have force yourself to eat, despite having a low tolerance for it?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Food that gets served at family get-togethers that you can't stand. Empty Re: Food that gets served at family get-togethers that you can't stand.

Post by Cheaps Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:20 am

Force my self to eat? None, If there's something there I don't care for, then I won't put it on my plate.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Food that gets served at family get-togethers that you can't stand. Empty Re: Food that gets served at family get-togethers that you can't stand.

Post by Supernova Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:04 am

cheaps wrote:Force my self to eat? None, If there's something there I don't care for, then I won't put it on my plate.

THIS, but all the time it's potato salad, macaroni salad, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, when it comes time for a large meal there is plenty of stuff that I will not touch.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:34 am

Most of the food I like that is served at family get togethers except fish. If there is any fish dish I just pass over it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:42 am

Rutabagas. I don't eat them period.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:04 pm

I can't stand that greenbean casserole that is so popular, and it seems to make appearances at more and more tables.

My mother-in-law used to make a mac 'n' cheese that was just gross. She'd had cream of mushroom soup to it, but the only cheese in it was some sprinkled on top.

My own mother's potato salad was terrible. She added too much vinegar.

At our Thanksgiving table most people pass over the candied yams. We know that a lot of people don't like that dish but we do, so it's mostly for ourselves.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Bluesmama wrote:I can't stand that greenbean casserole that is so popular, and it seems to make appearances at more and more tables.

My mother-in-law used to make a mac 'n' cheese that was just gross. She'd add cream of mushroom soup to it, but the only cheese in it was some sprinkled on top.

My own mother's potato salad was terrible. She added too much vinegar.

At our Thanksgiving table most people pass over the candied yams. We know that a lot of people don't like that dish but we do, so it's mostly for ourselves.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:02 pm

cheaps wrote:Force my self to eat? None, If there's something there I don't care for, then I won't put it on my plate.

What she said. Typically that means sweet potatoes/yams.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

What she said. Typically that means sweet potatoes/yams.

faints SWEET POTATOES?!?!?!? BLASPHEME!
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:07 pm

Potato salad or macaroni salad.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:18 pm

At EVERY gathering my son's uncle's girlfriend makes sloppy joe and she does not think she has to drain the grease. It is disgusting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:35 am