CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

How much do you trust doctors?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

How much do you trust doctors? Empty How much do you trust doctors?

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:41 pm

I've been very blessed that I haven't had to see one since I was a baby, aside from the eye doctor who I haven't seen for years, and my dentist, who I always ask questions and demand to see the x-rays. For the regular kind of doctors, I can't say I trust them much at all...obviously they don't want us to die, BUT at the same time they can't have us be healthy because if we were, they would go out of business, so it must always be tests and new pills and must take this drug, must take that one or else bad things will happen, because they must make a lot of money. Medicine is one thing that should NOT be a business and be run like a business but unfortunately it is so you always have to second guess and get additional opinions about what the doctor says.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

How much do you trust doctors? Empty Re: How much do you trust doctors?

Post by Bluesmama Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:39 pm

Well, sometimes doctors don't do what they're supposed to do for their patients. I could have died 15 years ago because the jackass doctor I had at the time refused to give me a simple treadmill test. Had I not changed doctors I wouldn't be here.

I don't trust their inclination towards text-book profiling, which ~ obviously ~ can be lethal. And some are lazier than others, no different from people in other walks of life.

I have more distrust of insurance companies ~ oh, Lordy, the games they have played! Everything from playing dumb, to ignoring claims, to making mistakes. Every single year I have to do a song-and-dance with them.

I also have some suspicions about pharmaceutical companies and all those side-effects. Because I can't help but think that some of those side-effects can be "fixed".
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:43 pm

Bluesmama wrote:Well, sometimes doctors don't do what they're supposed to do for their patients. I could have died 15 years ago because the jackass doctor I had at the time refused to give me a simple treadmill test. Had I not changed doctors I wouldn't be here.

I don't trust their inclination towards text-book profiling, which ~ obviously ~ can be lethal. And some are lazier than others, no different from people in other walks of life.

I have more distrust of insurance companies ~ oh, Lordy, the games they have played! Everything from playing dumb, to ignoring claims, to making mistakes. Every single year I have to do a song-and-dance with them.

Did you know that there is a sizable drug-addiction problem among hospital nurses? Due to the long shifts, I'm sure (their schedules, I've never understood). Around the time I read this, I ended up in ER with a nurse that was so wound up that I still think she was on speed. She did fine, but that idea is still scary to me.

I also have some suspicions about pharmaceutical companies and all those side-effects. Because I can't help but think that some of those side-effects can be "fixed".

All in all, I've been taken care of well most of the time. Like my current doc well enough that I kept him when he relocated to an inconvenient area. Medicines, well, I don't think I could survive without some of them.

Last edited by Bluesmama on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Bluesmama wrote:

Last edited by Bluesmama on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Delete ~ double post.)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:04 pm

They're not infallible and it's foolish to think that they are. I think (thankfully) that more people do not treat doctors as God anymore and have gotten more involved in their own care and ask questions.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:10 pm

I trust them enough to go to one when I know something is wrong with me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:39 am