CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
RedBedroom
6 posters

Do vets charge too much in general?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do vets charge too much in general? Empty Do vets charge too much in general?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:34 pm

If you own a pet, do vets in your area charge too much, in your opinion?

To me, there are some that go overboard with fees. Most charge a well pet visit cost just to get shots done. I don't think that is right even though they are highly trained medical professionals.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do vets charge too much in general? Empty Re: Do vets charge too much in general?

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:31 am

We're watching my sister's dogs again, and a while back one of them got a pink rash on his stomach and he crawled on the carpet until it bled, and the vet came out, gave him a steroid shot and then 7 pills to take for the week...we get the bill, both things, $89. So yes I think they overcharge even if they do make house calls.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do vets charge too much in general? Empty Re: Do vets charge too much in general?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:02 am

Hon, less than a hundred for a housecall is probably pretty good.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:16 am

When I had a pet, visits would range anywhere from $80 to about $150. The costs sometimes really make giving up your animal a real option.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:49 am

Impact wrote:When I had a pet, visits would range anywhere from $80 to about $150. The costs sometimes really make giving up your animal a real option.

Que? That's how much it costs to have a dog? LOL. Glad I don't do pets. Do they have health insurance for pets? Goddamn.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 am

Yes they do. There should be pet blue cross/blue Shield. When I put my cat to sleep it cost me $1,200.00. She was in the vet 1 day and over night before they determined that they could not help her and she needed to be put down. So for 1 day and for creamation it cost me that $1,200.00. Prior to that whenever I brought her to the vet it always cost me hundreds of dollars for whatever it was ailing her at the time.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Que? That's how much it costs to have a dog? LOL. Glad I don't do pets. Do they have health insurance for pets? Goddamn.

They do. Most of the time it covers the OV, the worm checks & things like that. But you have to pay for any meds they need. And the vet will always find something else when you go. It's crazy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:35 am