CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising? Empty Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:40 pm

I have always been a bargain hunter, so I really am not doing anything differently. My friend, however, is going off the deep end.

She is trying to make everything (food) from scratch and I understand that, but she is spending so much to get started. She is spending hundreds on this. She's part of a club that buys in bulk and then sell to each other at the discounted price without making a profit. The thing is, if she doesn't sell it, the stuff will sit. It seems the opposite of financially responsible to me.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising? Empty Re: Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising?

Post by Bluesmama Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Sounds like more of a hassle to me than anything else. She'd be better off buying staples that she could store for her own use, maybe even learn to can if she wants to.

We and some neighbors are in process of stockpiling certain foods and staples for disaster/emergency situations.

I did pick up a few jars of Peanut Butter that I like before those prices jack up.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising? Empty Re: Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising?

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Yeah, whenever something's on sale or if we know the price is going to go up on it, we stockpile it as well. Otherwise, not much.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:51 pm

We clip coupons and look for sales. That's about as far as we go.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Uh, no. Just make cutbacks if you can and clip coupons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:33 pm