14-year-old suspended for hugging friend Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

14-year-old suspended for hugging friend

Go down 
+3
Bluesmama
Chris
Supernova
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

14-year-old suspended for hugging friend Empty
PostSubject: 14-year-old suspended for hugging friend   14-year-old suspended for hugging friend EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:17 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/03/student-suspended-for-breaking-schools-zero-tolerance-no-hugging-policy/

I'd like to know what kind of learning is the school's focus since they're obviously teaching kids that punishment for doing nothing wrong is only as fair as punishment for doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: 14-year-old suspended for hugging friend   14-year-old suspended for hugging friend EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:55 pm

What is this, a monastery? I wish my daughter would get suspended over something that inane.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: 14-year-old suspended for hugging friend   14-year-old suspended for hugging friend EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:13 pm

I've heard about this policy getting adopted into more schools. It started with teachers being banned from hugging students (which no one had any concerns about when I was a kid). Next, contact sports will be in the line of fire!

I wish the educational system would put this kind of time and energy into REAL concerns.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: 14-year-old suspended for hugging friend   14-year-old suspended for hugging friend EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Oh no it's perfectly fine in school sports for bones to be broken, spleens to be ruptured and what not, but no two students ever better DARE put their arms around each other, that's bad, that is inexcusable behavior blank stare @ you .
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: 14-year-old suspended for hugging friend   14-year-old suspended for hugging friend EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 7:24 pm

It's a stupid policy but that's the policy. As the kid's mother said, she wants to get it changed. I'd be more pissed if it was being enforced arbitrarily as the kid claims.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: 14-year-old suspended for hugging friend   14-year-old suspended for hugging friend EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 7:55 pm

In the society we live in, it makes absolute sense to have such a policy. I think about the repercussions of a boy hugging a girl who is not receptive of the hug and makes a huge deal out of it. That could lead to harassment charges. So, it makes the most sense to outlaw hugging in schools.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: 14-year-old suspended for hugging friend   14-year-old suspended for hugging friend EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
It's a stupid policy but that's the policy. As the kid's mother said, she wants to get it changed. I'd be more pissed if it was being enforced arbitrarily as the kid claims.

14-year-old suspended for hugging friend 35166
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: 14-year-old suspended for hugging friend   14-year-old suspended for hugging friend EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:09 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
In the society we live in, it makes absolute sense to have such a policy. I think about the repercussions of a boy hugging a girl who is not receptive of the hug and makes a huge deal out of it. That could lead to harassment charges. So, it makes the most sense to outlaw hugging in schools.

Well then next they should ban sports and all dances, because far MORE touching goes on there than just in a hug and nothing saying that's all warranted attention either.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: 14-year-old suspended for hugging friend   14-year-old suspended for hugging friend EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 1:33 am

Supernova wrote:

Well then next they should ban sports and all dances, because far MORE touching goes on there than just in a hug and nothing saying that's all warranted attention either.

The sports such are usually not co-ed. And, yes, dances should be banned.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: 14-year-old suspended for hugging friend   14-year-old suspended for hugging friend EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 1:42 am

RedBedroom wrote:

The sports such are usually not co-ed. And, yes, dances should be banned.

But the policy isn't no boys hugging girls, it's no hugging period. I find it funny, people say school prepares kids for the real world, so we teach them that basic normal human behavior is a bad thing and just as worthy of punishment as something that actually IS bad. Kind of a chain gang mentality there, punish everybody whether they're guilty or not.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: 14-year-old suspended for hugging friend   14-year-old suspended for hugging friend EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 1:50 am

Supernova wrote:

But the policy isn't no boys hugging girls, it's no hugging period. I find it funny, people say school prepares kids for the real world, so we teach them that basic normal human behavior is a bad thing and just as worthy of punishment as something that actually IS bad. Kind of a chain gang mentality there, punish everybody whether they're guilty or not.

I am coming at this as the parent of a Jr. High boy. I think a no hugging policy does prepare him for the real world. Intimate gestures are best out of school and work. And I won't argue the "hug factor" of sports. Because everyone knows there is a difference considering sports in schools are not co-ed and like it or not, there is a distinct difference.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: 14-year-old suspended for hugging friend   14-year-old suspended for hugging friend EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:03 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

Agreed. It's a silly rule, but rules are rules.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 14-year-old suspended for hugging friend   14-year-old suspended for hugging friend Empty

Back to top Go down

14-year-old suspended for hugging friend
Page 1 of 1