Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?

Go down 
+4
TSJToddFan
TSJFan4Ever
Tony Marino
Jason B.
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? Empty
PostSubject: Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?   Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Nelson Branco is hinting in his column that a "source" says that OLTL is going to be cancelled in Dec. NB tends to be wrong and rumors of OLTL's cancellation always lead to a dead end, but I just wanted to share.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?   Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:19 pm

I have heard nothing.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?   Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:31 pm

This rumour surfaces every now and then. I don't put much stock in it, considering the source.
Back to top Go down
TSJToddFan
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
TSJToddFan

Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?   Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:33 pm

The soap community gets off on predicting OLTL's demise. It's been that way for the last 20 yrs. The show should have been cancelled a dozen times over, to let the rumors and "sources" tell it. I think ABC is happy with its 3 soap lineup. Unlike the other networks, they make more money from their shows because they self-produce and don't have to pay out licensing fees. That alone buys them more time than a show like ATWT, even if the ratings are bad.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?   Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:18 am

Heard it all before. OLTL should have been cancelled years ago to let the speculators speak on it. Eventually it WILL be though, so I guess one day they'll finally be right.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?   Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:41 am

NB always seems to do this every few months. I am sure when OLTL does get cancelled, he'll pat himself on the back for predicting it. (Gosh, maybe I should predict that some day, a specific person will die and then credit myself for being a prophet when they do. Razz )
Back to top Go down
stavdash
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
stavdash

Female
Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?   Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:35 pm

When was the last time the shows imminent cancellation was not the word? If Nelson Branco were a doctor, he would be a quack. He said that Guiding Light would not cancelled, and it was. Folks are better off believing the exact opposite of what he predicts and reports.
Back to top Go down
Always
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Always

Male
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?   Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:28 am

From SOD.com:

There Are No Plans To Cancel OLTL!
Soap Opera Digest investigated the rumor making the rounds at the Emmys last weekend that OLTL is being canceled, and discovered that it's not true! The "reliable source" responsible for getting the gossip started isn't so reliable after all. Contrary to a story circulated at the event, there are no plans to cancel OLTL.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?   Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Always wrote:
From SOD.com:

There Are No Plans To Cancel OLTL!
Soap Opera Digest investigated the rumor making the rounds at the Emmys last weekend that OLTL is being canceled, and discovered that it's not true! The "reliable source" responsible for getting the gossip started isn't so reliable after all. Contrary to a story circulated at the event, there are no plans to cancel OLTL.

cheers (rah) cheers (rah) cheers (rah) cheers (rah)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?   Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumor: OLTL cancelled by December!?
Page 1 of 1