CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Bluesmama
Tony Marino
Cheaps
Supernova
Chris
9 posters

Do you have any elderly relatives that your family wants to put in a nursing home?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you have any elderly relatives that your family wants to put in a nursing home? Empty Do you have any elderly relatives that your family wants to put in a nursing home?

Post by Chris Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:50 am

Do you have any elderly relatives who your family would like to put in a retirement/nursing home, but the relative in question refuses?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do you have any elderly relatives that your family wants to put in a nursing home? Empty Re: Do you have any elderly relatives that your family wants to put in a nursing home?

Post by Supernova Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:59 am

It wouldn't matter anyway because we don't have the money for a rest home, and I would say my grandmother but she let the insurance expire so we'd be stuck with her, $40,000 GONE because of her but she pretends she's confused all the time and can't remember anything.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Do you have any elderly relatives that your family wants to put in a nursing home? Empty Re: Do you have any elderly relatives that your family wants to put in a nursing home?

Post by Cheaps Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:06 am

I think my grandpa, but we can't afford it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:38 am

Yes I do.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:27 pm

No. Not that I know of. But my husband's brother, who is battling cancer, was suggested to go to one. He didn't want to go, and so his son has been taking care of him. But we've notice the toll that it's taking on the son and his wife.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:10 pm

I have a great aunt who's in her 80's who the family has been trying for 5 years to convince that going into a nursing home would be more practical for her, but she's not budging.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:15 pm

No. I'm bummed about our downstairs neighbor though. She's been in ill health for a while and many times we didn't now if she was home, in the hospital or at one of her grown children (most of them are older than me.) Got a chance to speak with one of her daughters and found out that even if she recovers, she won't be coming back to her home of the past 45 years. Of course we hope she pulls through (heart trouble) but we're sad to lose her as a neighbor.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:30 pm

No.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:10 am

Nope.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:29 am