Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?

Go down 
+7
captainbryce
FireIce918
Marc™
Supernova
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? Empty
PostSubject: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:10 pm

When you're watching a horror film, or after its over, do you tend to turn on the lights more?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Not really. I don't watch them.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:19 pm

Yea, some do.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Na, lights or no lights, if it's a good one, you get paranoid, even with lights on I anticipate some psycho behind me with a knife.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Not gonna lie, yep....
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:00 am

Yes, which is why I don't tend to watch them unless I'm not sleeping alone. I have really vivid nightmares that tend to make me paranoid during a bathroom run.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:33 am

Horror movies don't really scare me. Or at least, I haven't seen one in a long time that I thought was actually "scary". Most horror movies now just accomplish cheap scares with "jump scenes", loud musical cues, screams and quick cuts. That's designed simply to startle the audience, but not genuinly "scare" them. And gore doesn't really scare me either.

The types of things that scare me would be scenes that portray scary but realistic situations like being trapped underwater, burried alive, or waking up in the middle of surgery, etc. Generally, scenes of claustrophobia tend to scare me because it's a psychological effect of me putting myself in that situation. So the having the lights on doesn't really change that at all for me. Movies that I find "scary" probably don't scare other people, but the movies that scare other people I usually find dumb and not really scary at all.

For example: Three "non scary" movies that I found scary the first few times I watched them were "The Abyss" (trapped underwater/drowning), "Outbreak" (virulent disease) and "The Forgotten" (losing your mind).
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:13 am

I don't watch horror movies. Razz
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:44 am

It just depends on the movie.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:58 am

Strangely enuf, a movie that didn't really scare me, Paranormal Activity, gave me pause after the fact.

One nite I was awakened with a crash. The stand light next to my bed was laying across my legs. I got up and put it back, but could not figure out how it had been thrown from its position in which it had stood for years. I thot back to that movie in the nite, how things go on around you while you sleep.

Or somehow I kicked up and caught the shelf of the lamp sending it over.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:01 am

Opa Shale wrote:
Strangely enuf, a movie that didn't really scare me, Paranormal Activity, gave me pause after the fact.

One nite I was awakened with a crash. The stand light next to my bed was laying across my legs. I got up and put it back, but could not figure out how it had been thrown from its position in which it had stood for years. I thot back to that movie in the nite, how things go on around you while you sleep.

Or somehow I kicked up and caught the shelf of the lamp sending it over.
Don't you HATE that? lol After I saw it my crazy ass cat ran through the house slamming into stuff & making that exact same sound. I barely slept that night ROFLMAO!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 5:47 pm

No, actually when the movie is over I want to see another one!
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:16 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
No, actually when the movie is over I want to see another one!
Not after you see the one I would make! big grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?   Do horror movies make you turn on the lights? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do horror movies make you turn on the lights?
Page 1 of 1