CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Prospect Park Good News for Us

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Prospect Park Good News for Us Empty Prospect Park Good News for Us

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:36 am

*BREAKING NEWS: NEWS FROM THE FRONT LINES AT OLTL**
    Written by: Shawn Brady
    Additional Reporting: Tammy Kreiss

First, I want to thank all of you for being patient about waiting for me to comment on the latest re: Prospect Park’s funding issues with One Life To Live. While I had an inkling something was off due to tweets and Facebook posts yesterday, I refrained from posting until we got all the facts in. Too often, when we are told to expect bad news and an official announcement (that was never forthcoming) we unnecessarily panic and end up reacting instead of properly processing and strategically executing our next move.

Now that the majority of the facts are in (we will never get the 100 percent truth that is happening behind the scenes), here is my assessment of the events:

Prospect Park is a small entertainment company when you consider all the big networks and studios in Hollywood. They don’t have the manpower to keep up with all of us who are so passionate about the movement and fighting to keep AMC/OLTL on the air. Could they have done a better job in communicating with us? Yes. Could they have utilized us to help mobilize support and get sponsors and investors on board? Yes. Could they have hired a PR person to communicate with us and clear up any miscommunications? Heck Yes! Should they outsource professional PR help? Yes. Because by keeping silent, they are damaging their own brand and reputation in Hollywood with their very public setbacks. And perception means everything!! Do I believe this to be a smokescreen by ABC or a conpsiracy theory to throw us off track by Prospect Park? NO!!

After it was leaked several weeks ago that Prospect Park had just started to go to Silicon Valley to secure funding for AMC/OLTL, I already knew they were in trouble and PP was way off their timeline.

That being said, this deal was never meant to go public or leak early. Prospect Park does not have ALL its ducks in a row. At the same time I don’t think they thought they would be conducting their business under the intense glare of the spotlight we and the media have put on them. This is NOT how deals are done in Hollywood and the LAST thing they expected was inheriting a strong outspoken, passionate, fan base of soap viewers like us.

My take: The studio and funding issues are a MINOR setback for OLTL 2.0 and Prospect Park. While we should remain vigilant, we should also give the company breathing room to conduct business to SECURE the funding necessary to bring our shows back to life. Should they in the meantime throw us a bone here and there and keep us posted? Yes! They should hire a crisis management & crack PR team stat to rectify this situation which is causing them to get a public black eye. I won’t even get into the AFTRA situation which is another major hurdle that must be overcome before the shows can even begin FILMING.

Here’s what WE do know about the PP/OLTL studio and funding debacle:
    SFU’s own Tammy Kreiss went to the OLTL studios Thursday and was able to get some answers from Bob Woods, OLTL EP Frank Valentini, OLTL HW Ron Carlivati and yes, OLTL creator Agnes Nixon!

It is true that ABC ordered OLTL to vacate the studios this week ASAP as soon as filming is complete. While Prospect Park has lost some funding, Carlivati & Valentini assured fans that they do have the money to secure a studio and that they are looking at options such as JC Studios (AW/ATWT/Cosby Show’s former home in Brooklyn) along with Silver Cup Studios in Queens where Sex and the City was filmed. There has been no official announcement as to WHY ABC wouldn’t cooperate with PP/OLTL and let them stay at their studios until Katie moves in as expected.
    Regarding the funding issue, Carlivati & Valentini admitted that there has been issue with investors pulling out of Prospect Park and losing funding to keep the show in production. Both RC & FV say things are getting pushed back a little. They insist OLTL will be continuing – just not at this studio.

They say the studio itself is a “minor detail” and we (soap fans) don’t know if the funding has anything to do with ABC giving OLTL the boot at 320 W. 66 Street.
    Why will OLTL go on despite what seems a major setback to the rest of us? Because according to a very emotional Bob Woods, both Ron Carlivati and Frank Valentini are continuing the show for practically nothing. “You should see the huge pay cuts they had to take!” exclaimed Woods. According to Tammy Kreiss, Bob Woods convinced both Carlivati and Valentini to take a drastic pay cut to continue the legacy of the show. Carlivati is not giving up. He has continued to write for the show after it ends on ABC and has had to wrap up major storylines while continuing others for version 2.0. Woods said he has “every confidence OLTL will be back on soon,” and tearfully added that “Frank is going to make it happen.” Most importantly, Bob Woods added he has NOT been signed to PP due to funding issues and that while he has bought a new home upstate for his family, he WANTS to work for PP/OLTL and can commute to the new studio from his home.

Kreiss also had the opportunity to clear up the status of the Alderson clan on PP/OLTL: Momma Alderson told fans that the whole family is moving to LA for five months to “see what’s out there.” If there are no opportunities for them, Mrs. Alderson wants both her kids to return to PP/OLTL as “a family.” The Aldersons’ have given up their home in PA for the LA Move.

One mystery we were also able to clear up: according to Carlivati, the reason Jimmy DePaiva did not make the cut to return to the show as Max Holden is because of storyline constraints and budget issues with ABC. Carlivati made clear he loves Jimmy and that his absence was “nothing personal.” RC had to take into account all the other returns and where Max would fit in the canvas, especially with Blair juggling, Todd/Victor/Thomas.

Last but not least, when Agnes Nixon made her way out of the street after filming her scenes as the Head Writer of Fraternity Row, she was overwhelmed by all the fans showing her support and said “do not give up yet – we are only losing the studio.” Nixon said it has been a privilege to have been part of OLTL’s ending on ABC. Nixon, Valentini and Carlivati told Kreiss we are going to love this upcoming storyline dedicated to us (i.e. Roxy’s coupon campaign) starring Ilene Kristen. If it wasn’t for us, they all said, we wouldn’t have come this far.

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Prospect Park Good News for Us Empty Re: Prospect Park Good News for Us

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:37 am

God Bless RC and FV.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:31 pm

This is a very promising update; thanks Tony. Until now this week hadn't been loaded with optimism about the PP situation.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:32 pm

I hope that what they are saying is the truth.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:37 pm

So do I. I just wish an official source from inside the PP camp would have issued some kind of a statement. Even if it was vague.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Maybe they will, they still have roughly 2 months to do so.

Today is last filming day for the show, I bet they are all upset over there.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:08 pm

Let's keep our fingers crossed. A number of actors have signed on for the new version so hopefully that means that they are taking this as seriously as they should be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:41 pm