CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

PROSPECT PARK REVIVING OLTL

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

PROSPECT PARK REVIVING OLTL Empty PROSPECT PARK REVIVING OLTL

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:52 am

I know I know in my opinion I think its too late, too much time has gone by, Carlivati and Valentini are surely not going to give up their jobs at GH. A lot of the stars have moved on as well. Here it is anyways:

Soap opera fans soon might see a return of defunct series All My Children and One Life to Live.

The ABC daytime dramas, both canceled in 2011 after 40-plus years before a deal with Prospect Park unsuccessfully tried to revive them online, might find another life on the web after all -- and production could begin as early as January.

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that SAG-AFTRA and Prospect Park (the production company behind FX's Wilfred and USA's Royal Pains) have reached a deal that could bring both canceled series back -- online. THR also has learned that Prospect Park is in talks with the DGA and the WGA.

The news comes on the heels of Prospect Park co-founder Jeff Kwatinetz taking meetings with guilds, actors and managers for some time now in an effort to revive the pair of beloved soaps.

Prospect Park made its licensing deal with ABC in July 2011, shortly before both series went off the air and had planned to relaunch both online (with much of the casts intact) in early 2012. Those plans officially fell through in November 2011.

The company did not comment on plans to revive the series, but actors from both All My Children and One Life to Live are in discussions with to return for the new venture.

Details on which castmembers are attached to their old series are unclear, but One Life to Live stars Kassie DePaiva, Roger Howarth, Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson have reprised their characters on episodes of ABC's General Hospital.

In the wake of the two series' cancelations, all four of the broadcast networks' remaining soap operas -- General Hospital, Days of Our Lives, The Young and the Restless, The Bold and the Beautiful -- have enjoyed ratings growth. All My Children premiered in 1970, and One Life to Live bowed in 1968.

Prospect Park declined comment.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/all-my-children-one-life-403625

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

PROSPECT PARK REVIVING OLTL Empty Re: PROSPECT PARK REVIVING OLTL

Post by Chris Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:16 pm

I was going to post about this. Interesting news. If it comes to fruition, then great. I wonder how many of the actors would be still be willing to negotiate at this point. Honestly, I think it would be better if PP could find a way to get the show on some kind of a commercial television network and not have it run exclusively online, because I just have to wonder how they could afford to produce two daily soaps.

Hopefully it comes true, because I really miss OLTL, but at the same time I had made peace with the show being over and don't want to get my hopes up on something that still sounds very vague.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:27 pm

I wonder if FV and RC would be coming back if this all happened? As welcome as this news is and as much as I want to see it come true, I refuse to invest too much emotion in it after what went down before. The next update on this needs to come directly from PP, with a set in stone confirmation and date.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:43 pm

Jason B. wrote:I wonder if FV and RC would be coming back if this all happened? As welcome as this news is and as much as I want to see it come true, I refuse to invest too much emotion in it after what went down before. The next update on this needs to come directly from PP, with a set in stone confirmation and date.

After what happened last November when PP fell through with the deal I sincerely doubt Carlivati and Valentini are going to leave the security of GH for something that is still a possibility. Maybe they could have some input but I doubt they would come back full time. Todd, John and Starr are contracted on GH while Blair does not have a contract only a recurring role here and there. I wonder who would come back. Viki for sure and Dorian and I am sure Clint as well. Jessica is on SYFY channel now.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:46 pm

Chris wrote:I was going to post about this. Interesting news. If it comes to fruition, then great. I wonder how many of the actors would be still be willing to negotiate at this point. Honestly, I think it would be better if PP could find a way to get the show on some kind of a commercial television network and not have it run exclusively online, because I just have to wonder how they could afford to produce two daily soaps.

Hopefully it comes true, because I really miss OLTL, but at the same time I had made peace with the show being over and don't want to get my hopes up on something that still sounds very vague.

I am with you too, I miss the show too and have come to peace with the fact it is never coming back. I would much prefer on TV rather then Internet but I can stream internet on my TV now.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Jason B. wrote:I wonder if FV and RC would be coming back if this all happened? As welcome as this news is and as much as I want to see it come true, I refuse to invest too much emotion in it after what went down before. The next update on this needs to come directly from PP, with a set in stone confirmation and date.

I doubt it; Valentini and Carlivati are under contract with ABC and GH, so there is where they'd stay. Truth be told, if this came to fruition, I would rather they didn't come back. They had their time at OLTL. New blood would be more preferable.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Here we go again. I don't want to doubt it but how can I not? Would sure be nice though.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Kral wrote:Here we go again. I don't want to doubt it but how can I not? Would sure be nice though.

Once again we wait and see.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:50 pm

At this stage, they should just do periodic OLTL movies.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:At this stage, they should just do periodic OLTL movies.

I want to see it every day!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:16 pm