Random question  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random question

Go down 
+12
CeCe
stavdash
Wadsworth
RobbieFTW
Nystyle709
Marc™
Tony Marino
RiteDiva
RedBedroom
Chris
femme fatale
AtownPeep
16 posters
AuthorMessage
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Random question    Random question  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:20 pm

Let's say your husband or wife had an affair and you decided to forgive them,
but later it's discovered that their fling resulted in a pregnancy.

Would you allow their illegitimate child in your house?

To those who are gay, here's a modified version for you:
Your long time live in lover has an affair with someone of the opposite sex and you decided to forgive them,

Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:54 pm

I think I would. It isn't the child's fault and who am I to keep a kid away from their father? Like it or not they would have to be part of our lives.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:05 pm

Chances are if my wife had another mans illegitimate child, it would live with her (us.) I wouldn't be happy, but I wouldn't force her to choose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Part of forgiveness would be to include the child in my family, but it would be one of the hardest things I would ever have to do. Ever.
Back to top Go down
RiteDiva
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
RiteDiva

Female
Rep : 8

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:57 pm

AtownPeep wrote:
Let's say your husband or wife had an affair and you decided to forgive them,

Absolutely not. I wouldn't prevent him from doing right by his child, owning up to his responsibility, and having a relationship with them on his own terms at a more neutral place...but the kid (and especially not his mother) couldn't come in my house. Hell no.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:08 pm

How could you ever fault a Bambino for anything his/her parents do.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:09 pm

Chris wrote:
Chances are if my wife had another mans illegitimate child, it would live with her (us.) I wouldn't be happy, but I wouldn't force her to choose.

Yeah. See if you're a man, you don't have that much wiggle room with this kinda question, because kids usually stay with their mothers anyway.

A better question would be if I would move out.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:14 pm

Well, if I decide to ultimately forgive him, then I'd have to accept the child. The baby is innocent. I damn sure wouldn't like it and the woman he had an affair with wouldn't be welcomed in my house. I wouldn't deny him a relationship with his kid though.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:49 pm

My biggest problem wouldn't be with the baby because I love babies and would get over that part fast. My problem would be the mother coming around and as someone who's gay, gee I wonder who HIS family, friends & society in general would rally behind. . . me and our relationship OR the hetereonormative liason he had with some lady that produced a child. I would be be really threatened because it would seem unfair and not something I could at all compete with, but I wouldn't try to keep him away from his kid either. He or she could come over.
Back to top Go down
Wadsworth
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Wadsworth

Male
Rep : 16

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:45 am

well......dang, that's tough, but I don't think I could reject a child like that.
Back to top Go down
stavdash
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
stavdash

Female
Rep : 7

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:52 am

As terrible as this may sound, no. First of all, the chances of me forgiving my husband for having an affair in the first place would be unlikely. If by chance I did, however, I surely would not be hunky dory with his illegitimate child (which would inevitably mean having to deal with its mother too) in my home. He would have to see him or her wherever he or she happens to live.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:26 am

Yes, at least I'd like to think so. Hard to say with 100% certainty until you actually find yourself in that situation. But a child should never be blamed for the identity of their parents.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:13 pm

You shouldn't take things out on the child. That being the case, if I forgave the girl (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) and she had a child from it, I would probably leave her when I found out she was pregnant.

Even though I did "forgive" her earlier, it would be better for the kid for me to back away from it, because I probably couldn't offer it much love. That might sound messed up, but he/she would be a reminder of what that hoebag did...and it is because I think kids are beautiful and deserve all the love they can get, that I would back away and make room for him/her to have a more loving household.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Well it's his house too, so who am I to say that his family couldn't come over? I wouldn't be evil enough to try and challenge or roadblock his having a relationship with the kid, but I wouldn't be gracious enough to play host either. So I'd probably just leave or make myself scarce whenever the child was over.
Back to top Go down
MFD10
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
MFD10

Female
Rep : 0

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:49 pm

I wouldn't suggest that he shouldn't own up to his responsibilities as a parent, or bond with the child, but I would hope he would have enough respect to not bring his love child to the home we shared. Especially after he was lucky enough to get me to forgive him for the indiscretion in the first place.

It isn't as if he already had this child before we become involved, and I knew going into the relationship that this was part of his reality. Instead the fool got some other woman pregnant as he was cheating on me, but I'm supposed to be big enough to welcome the child into my home and life. I'm not seeing that.

I would be like Katherine Jackson when it comes to Joe's extra-marital daughter Joh'vonnie. Do what you have to where that's concerned, but leave me out of it.
Back to top Go down
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:14 pm

MsCrys wrote:
I wouldn't suggest that he shouldn't own up to his responsibilities as a parent, or bond with the child, but I would hope he would have enough respect to not bring his love child to the home we shared. Especially after he was lucky enough to get me to forgive him for the indiscretion in the first place.

It isn't as if he already had this child before we become involved, and I knew going into the relationship that this was part of his reality. Instead the fool got some other woman pregnant as he was cheating on me, but I'm supposed to be big enough to welcome the child into my home and life. I'm not seeing that.

I would be like Katherine Jackson when it comes to Joe's extra-marital daughter Joh'vonnie. Do what you have to where that's concerned, but leave me out of it.

So you're really saying that he should have to walk on egg shells just to be able to spend time with his kid? That's so not right. Yes he was wrong to have the affair and double wrong to not do something to protect himself from anything that may come out of it like disease or pregnancy, but stuff happens. A baby is now in the picture and as wrong as he was for letting it come to that, his "forgiving" wife would be as wrong to not allow the child to have a home with his father as well. If that's her attitude then she hasn't forgiven him like she says she has and may as well get a divorce.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:33 pm

Marc wrote:

Yeah. See if you're a man, you don't have that much wiggle room with this kinda question, because kids usually stay with their mothers anyway.

A better question would be if I would move out.

Yeah. She has an affair and winds up pregnant. If we're living together, how would I stop the kid from being there? Most women end up keeping their babies with them. How does it sound if I said "you can stay here, but your illegitimate whorechild has to go somewhere else" ? I'd probably break up with her before I said something that silly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random question    Random question  Empty

Back to top Go down

Random question
Page 1 of 1