Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?

Go down 
+7
CeCe
CatEyes10736
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Chris
Bluesmama
RedBedroom
11 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? Empty
PostSubject: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?   Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Is there an amount of time where you would think you have waited long enough and walk out?

I think even if a place is busy, a host or someone should acknowledge me within ten minutes. If not, I'm out.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?   Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:06 pm

10 minutes is a long time to wait if you're just standing there waiting to be acknowledged. In fact, I would find 5 minutes to feel too long (it is amazing how long just one minute can feel when you're waiting).

I don't "wait well", but much depends on what's going on while I'm waiting. If I can see that they're truly swamped, and I still want to eat there, then I may be more willing. If I see no good reason for the wait then the chances of me leaving are very good.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?   Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Fifteen minutes and I'm already irritated, twenty and it's time to either go somewhere else or come back later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?   Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 5:00 pm

If its worth waiting for then Ill wait if not, 10 minutes tops.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?   Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:20 pm

5 mins. Waiting is a different story, but I would expect you to at least acknowledge my presence and let me know you're working to get me a table.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?   Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:43 am

I don't remember ever having to wait for a table, but I can't see doing it longer than ten minutes. If it isn't a formal occasion, then we can go somewhere else...and if it is, then I would have called ahead of time to reserve a table.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?   Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:08 am

I expect to be acknowledged fairly soon after I enter to either be seated or at least have my name taken with some estimation of how much longer it will be from there.
Back to top Go down
04JETTA
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
04JETTA

Male
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?   Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:39 am

Depends on how busy they are, usually 15m is my absolute limit, but again, depends on how busy they are
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?   Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 3:59 am

CeCe wrote:
I expect to be acknowledged fairly soon after I enter to either be seated or at least have my name taken with some estimation of how much longer it will be from there.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?   Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 6:46 pm

I won't wait for longer than 20 minutes and it would be good of them to somehow compensate for it (something off the bill or free sides at the very least.)
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?   Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:59 pm

I get pissed off if 30 seconds passes without acknowledgement. I mean, if we gotta wait for someone to acknowledge us AND send us to appropriate seating, I expect them to know people are coming in!

Don't let me be with my Brooklyn and Bronx friends.....3.25 good seconds and the whole restaurant getting disrupted like none other!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?   Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? Empty

Back to top Go down

Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?
Page 1 of 1