CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
ForeverJash
gingersnaps
Forgiveness Man
Tony Marino
8 posters

Read it and Weep

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Read it and Weep Empty Read it and Weep

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:33 pm

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Read it and Weep Empty Re: Read it and Weep

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:01 pm

This is why I never wanted them to try to save the soaps. If we just settled down and let the soaps die a peaceful death, we'd have gotten a good ending that would've been epic. Now we get a compromised cliffhanger ending with semi-closure.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:00 am

I find it annoying beyond belief. PP should of never of mentioned anything unless they had the cash to back it up with. I'm sure the show will be left with quite a few loose threads.
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

Post by ForeverJash Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:33 am

So fucking annoying. It's like they dangled a puppy in front of a little kids face and then took it away. If they had just left it alone then I would have had made my peace with cancellation by now. I feel bad for the actors who were willing to sign on and now have had their jobs taken away a second time.

Worst of all, rumors suggested that PP tinkered with ABC's finale episodes, so I'm suspecting that many of the stories will be left hanging without full closure.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:16 am

I think this is ABC's way of punishing fans for revolting. Just goes to show that sometimes you gotta plan better or sit down.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:12 pm

Bull. It probably was ABC behind the hoax so that fans would stop heckling them and then they would have someone else to blame for the soaps demise (PP). You have to voice your opinion look at Fear Factor, its because of the fans that it is coming back. I am glad the fans revolted and I hope they revolt again. I will never watch another ABC daytime show and I have only one thing to say to them......... FUCK YOU ABC AND FRONS!!!!!!!!!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:17 pm

^^^^^If it was ABC behind the hoax, even MORE proof that it's ABC punishing the fans, especially by DEMANDING a cliffhanger, ensuring that we don't get closure.

Fans need to know when to revolt and when not to revolt. Bringing back a reality show is easy. If we had let these shows die peacefully, we'd have gotten memorable endings. (ie AMC wouldn't have ended with a freaking cliffhanger) But now, AMC's ending is forever ruined. OLTL's ending might scrape by barely. And what did our revolt get us? Nothing. We got a bunch of lip service, got our hopes up, and got our favorite shows killed TWICE, and worse yet, now without a good ending. Frankly, it seems like we're BEHIND where we were.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:53 pm

I am not surprised by any of this. From the beginning, I have felt that the proposition to keep All My Children and One Life to Live going online was too tall of an order that was not realistic. These two shows each cost millions to produce. Some small start up production company trying to take on this kind of a burden was far fetched. Something would have had to give: the number of cast members, the length of the episodes, the number of episodes produced per week, or they would have needed to make it some kind of a subscription service that viewers were charged to have access to. Even if this had managed to come to path, I would not have bet on either show lasting for longer than one season.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:31 am

Everyone involved has handled this situation abysmally, but honestly I can't muster the energy to get that upset. It would have been nice to get in some more time with the show, but much of my disappointment was drained when it was cancelled in April. This latest news leaves me feeling numb. It's a shame that this all couldn't come to fruition, but I agree with Stavdash about how even if it did, the show probably wouldn't have lasted that much longer anyway. Once a long running show has been cancelled from its original network, it usually doesn't get picked up anywhere else – and on the rare occasion that it does, it tends to get cancelled again quickly.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:25 pm

They were fools to try and take on something this big not having all their business in order. Because the whole thing was so ambitious and haphazard a big part of me ain't surprised it didn't end up happening.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female

Post by gingersnaps Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:17 am

ForeverJash wrote:So fucking annoying. It's like they dangled a puppy in front of a little kids face and then took it away. If they had just left it alone then I would have had made my peace with cancellation by now. I feel bad for the actors who were willing to sign on and now have had their jobs taken away a second time.

Worst of all, rumors suggested that PP tinkered with ABC's finale episodes, so I'm suspecting that many of the stories will be left hanging without full closure.

It just annoys me to no end. I wish they had just left it alone as well.

ABC and PP are going to point fingers at each other for a long time now about whos fault it is.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:18 pm

gingersnaps wrote:

It just annoys me to no end. I wish they had just left it alone as well.

ABC and PP are going to point fingers at each other for a long time now about whos fault it is.

I still say ABC knew PP could not pull it off and they used them as the scape goat so the heat would be off of them.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female

Post by gingersnaps Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:14 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

I still say ABC knew PP could not pull it off and they used them as the scape goat so the heat would be off of them.

I would not doubt that.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:43 pm

I start watching Days of Our lives January 15 anyone joining in?
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I start watching Days of Our lives January 15 anyone joining in?

I'll try to watch it to see if it's anything I can get into.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:50 am