Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?

Go down 
+4
Shale
Bluesmama
FireIce918
RedBedroom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  Empty
PostSubject: Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?    Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:29 am

Granted we all visit those very close to us when they are in the hospital, without question.

But what about those who are not that close? Do you just send a card and avoid the hospital visit?

In a strange circumstance, my aunt's (aunt by marriage) brothers were in a vehicle accident this week and were flown to my city for treatment. I sorta/kinda know one of the guys, but not the other one. I wasn't wanting to go to the hospital though my dad expected me to.

I ended up calling the one I know all each night this week to see if he needed anything. He didn't and I assume he didn't want me there any more than I wanted to be.

Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?    Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:14 am

I hate going to the hospital period. Can't stand going to my grandma's assisted living facility, either. Gives me the heebie jeebies.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?    Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:19 am

It doesn't bother me. It bothers my husband, he hates it. Not all patients necessarily want visitors but how would you know?

However, I had trouble looking at one friend in the hospital who was desperate to live, and she looked so bad. Worse, I knew from the first visit she was going to die. Other friends thought I was just being a pessimist, and that I was wrong. But. . . she died.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?    Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:41 am

The hospital itself does not bother me, I was a Nursing Assistant for years. But as pointed out, sick ppl don't always want to be visited.

Altho I have never stayed in the hospital more than a couple of days at a time - I imagine if I were not too uncomfortable or drugged I might look forward to a visit. But the time I was in I was not really wanting to be visited. It is usually just a social obligation for most ppl.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?    Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:58 am

I haven't been to a hospital since I was born.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?    Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:23 am

It can be uncomfortable for me, if they real close though, I'll go visit regardless.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?    Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:39 pm

It doesn't bother me much. I remember going to see my co-worker in the hospital the day before she passed and I didn't know her that well. I went just to show my support.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?    Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:23 am

Not comfortable, but depending on who it is I'll do it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?    Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you comfortable visiting people in the hospital?
Page 1 of 1