CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Nystyle709
Shale
Cheaps
Supernova
Chris
9 posters

Are you annoyed by people who aren't compute literate?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Are you annoyed by people who aren't compute literate? Empty Are you annoyed by people who aren't compute literate?

Post by Chris Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:16 am

Is there anyone in your life who, even in 2011, knows very little about computers?
    If so, does it irritate you when they ask basic questions?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Are you annoyed by people who aren't compute literate? Empty Re: Are you annoyed by people who aren't compute literate?

Post by Supernova Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:32 am

No because I think I'm one of them.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Are you annoyed by people who aren't compute literate? Empty Re: Are you annoyed by people who aren't compute literate?

Post by Cheaps Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:44 am

I'm computer illiterate, do I annoy anybody here? Are you annoyed by people who aren't compute literate? Pussinboots%2B-%2Bcreativecommons
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:56 am

cheaps wrote:I'm computer illiterate, do I annoy anybody here? Are you annoyed by people who aren't compute literate? Pussinboots%2B-%2Bcreativecommons

You can make posts and embed pics, that is computer literate.

I can search thru HTML code and link pics to my Webpages. (Same principle as the brackets here but more complex. Altho > is easier than [/end])

Some ppl at work come to me for network & computer probs because I am more accessible than the IT guy. Ironic that I am the oldest one there and more computer literate than the middle aged ppl. Now the kids, when you can get them away from their Ipods long enuf to work on their computer can do more than me and I often consult them when I have a problem.

Literacy or competency is in levels and each of us have our limits of knowledge on any given subject. So, I tolerate those who have less knowledge than me and ppl should be willing to help those who haven't yet learned a particular skill. Everything I know about computers has been learned on the job by instructions from others. (Computer geeks can't write worth shit to explain anything in text such as "push this button to do this."
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:24 pm

I know people who are, but they don't ask me anything often enough to annoy me. Most folks I know got the basic shit down.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:34 am

I am....especially if they have one and spend a lot of time on it. I have a 70 year old aunt who has a computer that her son "made" for her. He set up all her online accounts and saved all her passwords so that she could just turn it on, click and be there. Then when her shit went down, I get volunteered to go and try and resolve the situation because my cousin doesn't live in the state. I ask her what her password was and she doesn't know....

shake sense n2u
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:30 am

It bothers me when they ask a million and one questions about basic shit, or try to tell ME how to do something that I've been doing since I was 10 but they just learned in a meeting yesterday.

What's fucked up is at my job, the person who's the most computer illiterate is the IT guy. And he's such a sweetheart, but damn, he only got the job cuz his bitch of a momma was the manager. I realized I was better off fixing shit on my own.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:46 pm

It does annoy me. I am not a good teacher, so I just want to do it all myself when helping someone out.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Yes because too many times they flip flop from asking dumb questions to asking these extreme questions that I have no answer to, thinking I am a tech nerd and know everything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:36 pm