CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Nystyle709
Shale
Chris
7 posters

City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people Empty City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people

Post by Chris Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 am

How do you think people from the city, suburbs and country/rural areas generally differ from each other in terms of attitude and temperament? Do you find people from these areas easier or more difficult to get along with?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people Empty Re: City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people

Post by Shale Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:14 am

It is easier for rural ppl to be insular and isolated from the diversity that ppl in the city experience.

Which explains the monolithic, archaic attitudes taken as given in the rural South and West.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people Empty Re: City/urban people vs. suburbanites vs. Country/rural people

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:08 am

It's more fast paced in the big city. Rural folks don't have to be on the beat all the time, so they are a bit slower. Suburbanites is a mixture of the two.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:12 am

Nystyle709 wrote:It's more fast paced in the big city. Rural folks don't have to be on the beat all the time, so they are a bit slower. Suburbanites is a mixture of the two.

^This. Although trust me, the suburbs can be a rat race too.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Rural & country people I notice talk slower.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:06 pm

One big difference that I respect is people from the country are much more likely to help out their neighbors and stay connected.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:43 pm

RedBedroom wrote:One big difference that I respect is people from the country are much more likely to help out their neighbors and stay connected.

Unless their neighbor happens to be a long-haired Hippie type from New Orleans who built a cabin in the woods in Mississippi and came up on weekends to get away from the city.

In that case the good christian neighbors will steal his stuff while he is away. Thanx for the help country folks - I'll just stay in the city where I know to look out for the theives.

Oh, the theft was just one part. I also heard that they were going to physically harrass me to not come back. Ignorant peasants!
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Probably depends on the state. Down here in the ATL, "country" is part of our heritage...even the suburban and city folk, so it's probably less of a culture gap than it is further north.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm