CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Should extracurricular activities weigh heavily when it comes to acceptance into college?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should extracurricular activities weigh heavily when it comes to acceptance into college? Empty Should extracurricular activities weigh heavily when it comes to acceptance into college?

Post by Chris Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:21 am

When you were in high school, were you involved in any extracurricular activities? If so, did they benefit you when it came to college applications?

In general, do you think any of that should matter when it comes colleges accepting applicants?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Should extracurricular activities weigh heavily when it comes to acceptance into college? Empty Re: Should extracurricular activities weigh heavily when it comes to acceptance into college?

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:51 am

Not really, no and somewhat....it can definitely help, but not a lot of stock needs to placed on them.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Should extracurricular activities weigh heavily when it comes to acceptance into college? Empty Re: Should extracurricular activities weigh heavily when it comes to acceptance into college?

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:57 am

I don't really think so. Frankly, I think the entire hullabaloo about college is overrated. Charging overpriced fees and they are the ones who gotta decide if YOU are worthy to enter their institution? Screw them! lol But no, extracurricular activities shouldn't be given too much weight.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Was on yearbook staff and that's it. I claimed the hell out of it and made myself seem like I was more important to the operation than I really was. Don't think it should weigh that heavy, but I guess it shows initiative, involvement and "spirit" and colleges like that it seems.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:06 am

I wrote for the newspaper, that's about it. I claimed it on applications....but I don't think it weighed that heavily on whether or not I was accepted. It was more about if I was able to pay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 4:42 pm