Hugo Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hugo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Hugo Empty
PostSubject: Hugo   Hugo EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Hugo
Movie Blurb by Shale
November 26, 2011

Our local movie critic Rene Rodriguez with the Miami Herald gave a favorable review of this movie, (gushing actually) so I ventured out to see it today. He was right! It is moving art on screen.
And in 3-D.

It is rated PG but should not be limited to kids. Someone with history will more appreciate the setting, the style, the absolute beauty of a CGI created1931 Paris and period architecture.

The story is an adaptation of Brian Selznick's 2007 illustrated children's book "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" which, tho fiction involves actual historical reference to Georges Méliès a pioneer filmmaker in the late 19th Century. So it is only fitting that this is an excellently executed special effects film that spans the history of film.

Thru back flashback we see Hugo Cabret (Asa Butterfield), with his father (Jude Law) a clock maker who has a special project to repair an old automaton which was used in carnival magic shows.

Hugo 101203_bo

Unfortunately the father is killed and Hugo goes to the care of his uncle, a drunkard and clockmaker employed to keep the huge Paris train station clocks running. When the uncle disappears, Hugo diligently keeps the clocks running while living in and sneaking around behind the walls of the station and stealing food from the vendors.

Hugo 101203_bl

He along with all the other street waifs hanging out in the station are pursued by the Station Inspector (Sacha Baron Cohen) and his Doberman Pinscher.

Hugo 101203_bh

In trying to get parts to finish repairing the old automaton, Hugo gets caught by the toy store owner (Ben Kingsley) who takes his dad's notebook about the automaton from him and threatens to burn it. Hugo agrees to work in the shop to pay off his debt of stolen parts. He meets the shop owner's goddaughter Isabelle (Chloe Grace Moretz) who becomes his only friend and they both open new adventures together.

Hugo Hugo-mv-2

I really enjoyed this flick - love seeing what magic CGI can create. And, if you thot it strange that Sacha Baron Cohen would be playing a prominent role in a PG movie, consider that Martin Scorsese is the director. Good results all around.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Hugo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hugo   Hugo EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Sounds good I want to see it.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Hugo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hugo   Hugo EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Might be something to see when it is available on discount.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Hugo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hugo   Hugo EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Might be something to see when it is available on discount.

I tell you, been a lot of people complaining they had to spend $30 or $100 to see it (took the family), but I consider $6.50 for going alone to the 2D version to be a good price in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Hugo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hugo   Hugo EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Supernova wrote:

I tell you, been a lot of people complaining they had to spend $30 or $100 to see it (took the family), but I consider $6.50 for going alone to the 2D version to be a good price in comparison.

I'd definitely complain if I had to spend 100 bucks for my family to see a movie. FORGIVENESS MAN

I could prolly go see it for 5 bucks. I just really only see movies I REALLY want to see, and see on the big screen, in the theater. I've seen Super 8 and Knowing in the past 3 years and that's it. lol I need to get to the theater more but it doesn't happen much. I usually wait for the DVD. big grin
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Hugo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hugo   Hugo EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:06 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:

I'd definitely complain if I had to spend 100 bucks for my family to see a movie. FORGIVENESS MAN

I could prolly go see it for 5 bucks. I just really only see movies I REALLY want to see, and see on the big screen, in the theater. I've seen Super 8 and Knowing in the past 3 years and that's it. lol I need to get to the theater more but it doesn't happen much. I usually wait for the DVD. big grin

I hardly see any movies at the theater anymore either, likewise, unless they REALLY look good, I don't bother because I can usually guess if they're worth the ticket price or not and most of them are not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hugo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hugo   Hugo Empty

Back to top Go down

Hugo
Page 1 of 1