CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
stavdash
gmruss4
Forgiveness Man
TSJFan4Ever
Crazy4Gaga
Jason B.
Kral
11 posters

Does anyone even still care about...

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Does anyone even still care about... Empty Does anyone even still care about...

Post by Kral Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Who Rex's parents are?

Who pushed Marty down the stairs?

Who killed Melinda?

I'm so over all of this. I wish the show would in ONE episode reveal all of these answers, and then move on to brand new plots the next day.

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Does anyone even still care about... Empty Re: Does anyone even still care about...

Post by Jason B. Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:48 pm

At this point, I don't even care about any of these stories (never cared about who killed Melinda, a character who hasn't mattered to the show for over twenty years, and even at her peak was never that essential) anymore. Doing storylines like these requires walking a fine line and as usual, the OLTL writers have screwed it all up. You have to drag the story out long enough to garner interest and suspense, but not too long enough for the viewers to lose interest. For me, they have officially crossed into the "lost interest" part of the equation.

I'm astonished at how long they've been drawing out Rex's parentage thing. It's been at least four years, going all the way back to when Nash and Hugh Hughes were on the show, when all three of them were candidates to be Paige Millers' son. That was what? Circa 2006! That's just haphazard on the part of the show. They haven't a clue as to what angle to take with this, so why not just stop? Words can't express how disinterested I am in it all now. Far as I'm concerned Rex hatched from the ground. Works for me. I don't wanna hear anymore about Bo, Mitch, Roxy, or a effin' "Rick and Lily" where he's concerned. I just don't care.
    Crazy4Gaga
    Crazy4Gaga
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 1

Does anyone even still care about... Empty Re: Does anyone even still care about...

Post by Crazy4Gaga Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:58 am

^^Well freaking said. Goodness if the reason for the ratings couldn't be any clearer, damn.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Those stories are still going on? Does anyone even still care about... 854221 I hate Gex and everythign related and Marty.Jarty and everything related so their storylines are automatic FFs for me - no interest in anything related whatsoever. Rex is nothing but a big baffoon, a little boy playing at being a grown-up. I can't take him seriously in any storyline because he just comes off as so comical. John ruined any interest I had in Marty and I just don't care enough about Melinda's storyline to be vested in a storyline about who killed her.

Guess that would be a nope - don't care about those storylines. Maybe if I actually liked the characters involved, it would be different, though I do like Kelly - just have no interest in Melinda and who killed her. Gex and Jarty have been on my FF list almost form Day 1, so nothing really could interest me in either couple at this point, unless it involved them being written off.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:23 pm

I just wanna freaking know who Rex's parents are. I frankly want them to freaking give my precious Balsco and Shane a good story again. Not a bad one, a good one. Razz
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:37 pm

I don't know who Rex's parents are but the person that is doing all the pushing, beating and killing is none other than Eli. Beleive it or not. Can't wait to see how they are going to explain this one.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:05 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Those stories are still going on? Does anyone even still care about... 854221 I hate Gex and everythign related and Marty.Jarty and everything related so their storylines are automatic FFs for me - no interest in anything related whatsoever. Rex is nothing but a big baffoon, a little boy playing at being a grown-up. I can't take him seriously in any storyline because he just comes off as so comical. John ruined any interest I had in Marty and I just don't care enough about Melinda's storyline to be vested in a storyline about who killed her.

Guess that would be a nope - don't care about those storylines. Maybe if I actually liked the characters involved, it would be different, though I do like Kelly - just have no interest in Melinda and who killed her. Gex and Jarty have been on my FF list almost form Day 1, so nothing really could interest me in either couple at this point, unless it involved them being written off.

Does anyone even still care about... Nodding-yes

Hey there soul sister.
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by allison13 Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:37 pm

I don't care about any of those stories which is why my remote is almost always on ff.OLTL is an old habit.Hard to give up,but I get more pleasure from this board than I do from the show!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:55 pm

I keep the remote handy, too. OLTL really turned me off Gex way back when they were shoved down out throats every single day for weeks on end during 1968. That's the storyline that killed my interest in Bo, too. I just don't care enough about Gex to have any interest in Rex's father - maybe back during the whole Hugh/Rex/Nash stuff, but not anymore.

Eli is an interesting development - I'll give TPTB that. Blaire sure knows how to pick them - Spender, who masterminded the execution of an innocent man, John, the most corrupt cop in town and one of the biggest criminals, and now Eli - lol! No wonder they keep throwing her back in Todd's storylines - she'd have no life if Todd wasn't there as backup when her marriages/relationships fail. This time, though, I can't see him letting her in the way he has in the past. he seems to feel scorn and disdain for her most of the time, though I know he said he loves her 'cause of the kids. He just doesn't have the time of day for her or any of the Cramer women. I look at Dorian and see exactly what Blaire will become - a loud, yapping, judgmental, screeching, lonely, miserable, dried up old prune. Dorian really should have a pet lap dog - a really yappy, annoying one that is just like her.

But I'm digressing - I have to say that Eli plays a GREAT bad guy - the chills that went down my spine when he appeared like that at the end of the show - WOW! Intense! I'm actually looking forward to seeing this play out and I SOOOOO hope he plays John for the fool he is. John went after Todd all gung-ho and was willing to let an attempted murderer walk free. He didn't clue in to Hannah until it was basically pointed out to him. heck - Todd did more for solving the case than john did. I can't wait to see Blaire's face when she learns the truth about Eli - and Cole's and Marty's, too! Maybe that smug arrogance will be wiped off for a moment.
    nascargal
    nascargal
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by nascargal Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Rex and Gigi are part of the reason the show is in a downward spiral. Two boring people being expected to carry a show like OLTL? PLEASE. Rex used to be great, until they paired him with that vampire, Gigi. Horrible casting, and her constant preening and pouting makes me sick..add to that Rex's stupid facial expressions, and well, I can't stand either of them! Their bratty kid needs to take a hike too!! The whole fan damily needs to fall in the river looking for Stacy!!!!!!!!! HORRIBLE waste of payroll. All three of them.

I do love having David back on in his glorious inanity! He is priceless hilarity! I love him! Eli being the bad guy is a nice twist. I hate seeing Blair having bad luck in men again....but it really provides an interesting twist. I just wish Gex was on the hit list.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:43 am

^^^^Rex and Gigi are one of the only reasons why this show is still interesting.

I don't see this "Rex used to be great" thing. He was a whiny con artist who told Todd his son was dead before Gigi. Razz

Balsco are the best non-Todd thing to happen to the show in years. Cut half the cast of others in their age bracket if it means keeping them, the show would be more interesting for it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:11 am

Kral wrote:Who Rex's parents are?

Who killed Melinda?

I'm so over all of this. I wish the show would in ONE episode reveal all of these answers, and then move on to brand new plots the next day.

Supposedly this month we are going to find out everything about Marty, Melinda and Rex. They just dragged this out much too long to even care about anymore, especially Rex's parents, who cares they could be The Addams family for all I care.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:14 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:^^^^Rex and Gigi are one of the only reasons why this show is still interesting.

I don't see this "Rex used to be great" thing. He was a whiny con artist who told Todd his son was dead before Gigi. Razz

Balsco are the best non-Todd thing to happen to the show in years. Cut half the cast of others in their age bracket if it means keeping them, the show would be more interesting for it.

I like Rex but I can't stand Gigi anymore. With her ever changing hair color that is always falling in front of one eye, I was hoping she would be one to get the boot. Talk about motherhood, she is the worst mother any kid could have, constantly running off leaving Shane alone. Her Christmas tryst with Schuyler is one example of what a great mother she is. She is annoying and I see no purpose for her in the show anymore other then being Rex's crutch.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:00 am

Tony Marino wrote:

I like Rex but I can't stand Gigi anymore. With her ever changing hair color that is always falling in front of one eye, I was hoping she would be one to get the boot. Talk about motherhood, she is the worst mother any kid could have, constantly running off leaving Shane alone. Her Christmas tryst with Schuyler is one example of what a great mother she is. She is annoying and I see no purpose for her in the show anymore other then being Rex's crutch.
    Hair color has no impact on how good a character she is.

I think she is actually one of the better mothers of the show. She reprimands Shane when he is out of line and she doesn't just leave him. She always checks to make sure he's well looked after, whereas it seems Sam and Jack are always in the attic unmentioned 7/10 of the time. And Blair has many more trysts than Gigi has had. Hence, Gigi can't be the worst. (Not to mention how Hope is frequently ignored by Starr)

I see plenty of purpose for her. Razz
    nascargal
    nascargal
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by nascargal Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:51 pm

I actually think FF is a beautiful girl, and prefer her with blond hair, though longer...that being said, I think she was more likeable as Mimi on Days, than Gigi on OLTL. I think the pairing her with Rex did her in, because she ruined him for me. I preferred the bad Rex, the conniving Rex. This new morality police Rex makes me ill, and she does too. The botox in her lips is distracting, and gives her a rotting trout appearance, and it is very unbecoming. This is def botox, because she did not look this way on Days. NOT a good look for her. I think what irritates me the most is her constant pushing the hair out of her eyes and the pouting. Enough!! Preening and strutting is not acting. The character doesn't bother me so much as the actress portraying her. I don't care for the actress, that in a nutshell..and then you have Rex and his facial contortions, his over acting, and general, "I SUCK" vibe. And the kid? He sucks too. JMO, and everyone is entitled. I could care less if the entire family was written off..with no explanation, just one day, their 'carriage house' free ride was taken away. Must be nice to live rent free for years at Vicky's expense. Frons' idea that these two clowns would be the super couple surely backfired. Majority of the boards that I read they are NOT popular and most folks want them off the show...
    Crazy4Gaga
    Crazy4Gaga
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Crazy4Gaga Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:20 pm

I never really was a fan of Gigi. I thought the actress seemed pretty and in the beginning of her debut I thought she and Rex would actually be "cute" at least together, or that at least she would be a better match for him than Adrianna, cause goodness knows Rexianna were just completely mundane, stupid, and boring. Boy was I wrong though. Instead their irritating, incessant propping of Rigi as the greatest, truest love storyof the greatest characters ever really became a turn off, especially in RC's cheesy obvious love for them. In the process they were simply exposed as the lame and weak characters they are. But TIIC insist on forcing them on us. They're just losers IMO.

Can't stand Rex, he's always been kind of dorky but at least at first he was a more interesting dork when he was more of a bad boy. Now he is simply a moronic, self-righteous idiotic buffoon. I can't stand Gigi. The only time I ever REALLY enjoyed FF as Gigi was in her scenes with Todd a little over two years ago. Does anyone even still care about... Icon_biggrin Does anyone even still care about... 535406 She actually showed a glimpse of fire with him and I thought TSJ and her had fun and an interesting chemistry together it just left me wanting more. I'd love more Todd/Gigi scenes again that will be the only way I'll watch herDoes anyone even still care about... 978355

Last edited by CrazyForGaga on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:11 pm

nascargal wrote:Majority of the boards that I read they are NOT popular and most folks want them off the show...
    I honestly think people just see the vocal haters like Todd fans. Razz Balsco are quite popular. They are just hampered by poor writing. I see plenty of fans for them out there and plenty of support. The fans just don't scream as loudly as the haters do, who tend to yell at Gigi without any cause whatsoever.
    nascargal
    nascargal
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by nascargal Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:25 pm

The only time I liked Gigi was when she was with Schulyer...which shows that for me, she and Rex (JPL) are not working on screen. She is horribly awful when she is with him, and yet, with Sky, she was actually rootable! Not now....can't stand her whiney ass.
    Crazy4Gaga
    Crazy4Gaga
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by Crazy4Gaga Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:39 pm

nascargal wrote:The only time I liked Gigi was when she was with Schulyer...which shows that for me, she and Rex (JPL) are not working on screen. She is horribly awful when she is with him, and yet, with Sky, she was actually rootable! Not now....can't stand her whiney ass.
    Yeah she was slightly more tolerable with Sky too(who I still really miss btw! Does anyone even still care about... Kopfschuettel )She was different with him.FF had a better chemistry with him. Her and Rex together however...totally unappealing and irksome in every way.

The whole thing still leaves me completely baffled that such a great character and actor in Sky was let go but we're still stuck with these two. Does anyone even still care about... 924153
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:53 pm

nascargal wrote:The only time I liked Gigi was when she was with Schulyer...which shows that for me, she and Rex (JPL) are not working on screen. She is horribly awful when she is with him, and yet, with Sky, she was actually rootable! Not now....can't stand her whiney ass.
    So then the solution is not to get rid of Gigi but rather to kill off Rex and have her raise Shane with a new guy! Razz

You'd probably have preferred the novel I wrote about the Owen Morasco story. Razz I changed everything around to make it an original story, and one thing I did was cut any Rex-based character. Razz
    nascargal
    nascargal
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by nascargal Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:39 pm

You know, FM...that could be it..my despising of Rex could be the reason I hate Gigi! LOL Cause when she first came on the show, she was okay, I liked her and Vicky together at the diner....it is when she was put with Rex.....aye yi yi....

But her and Sky were smoking hot...and he was so good to look at..and of course, they get rid of him..... SIGH!!!!!!!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Hair color has no impact on how good a character she is.

I think she is actually one of the better mothers of the show. She reprimands Shane when he is out of line and she doesn't just leave him. She always checks to make sure he's well looked after, whereas it seems Sam and Jack are always in the attic unmentioned 7/10 of the time. And Blair has many more trysts than Gigi has had. Hence, Gigi can't be the worst. (Not to mention how Hope is frequently ignored by Starr)

I see plenty of purpose for her. Razz

Good points but I still don't like her anymore. Seems ever since Stacy skipped into town she has changed. I loved her when she was with Viki in the Diner and I wanted her to be a part of the show but now she just annoys me. Honestly, other then Viki who is a very good mother on that show?
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Kral wrote:Who Rex's parents are?

Who killed Melinda?

I typically FF Rex/Gigi but didn't he visit mom's grave so it's just dear old dad he appears no longer interested in searching out?

I still care who pushed Marty mostly because I want Todd to scream I told you so in many directions.

I watched the original Dorian/Melinda story and I NEVER CARE FOR THAT WIMPING MESS of loon Melinda EVER so no I don't care. It's sad day when Rex/Gigi don't bore me half as much as Kelly.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:27 am

@Nas: Well then maybe they need to try her with a different man. Razz I always thought Gigi/Todd would be smoking so if TnT didn't work out, I think they'd be fun. And I still want my Owen Morasco story used, although less so now since I wrote a novel about it I want published. Razz

Tony Marino wrote:

Good points but I still don't like her anymore. Seems ever since Stacy skipped into town she has changed. I loved her when she was with Viki in the Diner and I wanted her to be a part of the show but now she just annoys me. Honestly, other then Viki who is a very good mother on that show?

I don't notice much change since Stacy skipped town at all, other than the fact that she isn't getting nearly as much story. I don't even think Viki is THAT good a mother. I've seen little good parenting skills from her. (Although I did write another novel about Viki and a child, sort of. Razz ) I think Gigi is the best mother of a young child on the show. Not perfect by any means but she seems to remember Shane exists even when it's not part of a storyline. The show is just prejudice against kids not finished with puberty and able to jump in the sack, so they never give poor Shane a story and hence the kid is always at a sleepover or birthday party.(Seriously, why wasn't he at Bo's wedding? He can go to Adrianna's wedding to Rex but not Bo's? He does know Bo pretty well.)

So yeah, I see Gigi as a fairly good mother. The thing they did to hurt her was Stacy. Shane having cancer was more than enough drama.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:19 pm