CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Nystyle709
CeCe
Supernova
Hyacinth Girl
Shale
Cheaps
Chris
11 posters

How do you arrange your books, DVDs and CDs?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How do you arrange your books, DVDs and CDs? Empty How do you arrange your books, DVDs and CDs?

Post by Chris Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:24 am

Do you have a system when it comes to arranging your books, movies and music?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

How do you arrange your books, DVDs and CDs? Empty Re: How do you arrange your books, DVDs and CDs?

Post by Cheaps Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:20 am

All of my music is on my laptop, CD's are all one's I've burned, and they are in a cd holder in my car.

I don't own any dvd's/books.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

How do you arrange your books, DVDs and CDs? Empty Re: How do you arrange your books, DVDs and CDs?

Post by Shale Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:47 am

I arrange my 500+ DVD's by subject on various shelves around my room. It is sometimes difficult to do an absolute logical arrangement because of overlap of subject.

Roughly, I have a section for:

Sci Fi with one shelf for Space another for the Comic Book movies
    and a separate section for old sci-fi movies from my youth.

Ancient Costume - Robin Hood, Conan, 300, King Arthur (all the Dragon movies)

Romantic Comedy with all the Dance movies in one section.

Vampires, Ghosts, Time Travel,

Artificial Intelligence (Matrix, Terminator, I Robot etc.)

Biographies & movies based on real or "it coulda happened" events

There are more mini-sections on the shelves for the difficult to place movies close to what they are most like. Sometimes I have problems locating a certain movie (I keep an alphabetical list of what I have)
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:17 am

My daughter arranges the DVD's/movies alphabetically, and the CD's I have arranged in 2 piles:

1. Store-bought
    2. Pirated from the library on home-made discs and photocopied CD sleeves. big grin
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:18 am

I wish. The books especially, but they just lay where they do and after a while I'm accustomed to seeing the titles alongside each other that they are. But if I had more room and more shelves I would like to get all my Wizard of Oz/L. Frank Baum books together on one shelf, and on another get all the books on myths, legends, and folk tales, and another section for true crime, etc.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:55 am

I need a system. Maybe I could find what I'm looking for half the time.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:12 pm

Not really. I usually find what I want pretty quickly.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:07 pm

I have no system. I just add every new one I get to the deck.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:14 pm

You would not believe my anal "filing" system for cds. They are grouped by genre, and sub-grouped, and then filed by artist alphabetically. The blues rack also has markers/dividers with the alphabet letters so I'll know where to look quicker. Box sets are simply crammed into a shelf. (I have around 800 cds.)

VHS and DVDs are not filed so well. I try to keep them grouped (Hitchcock, movies made in New Orleans, or San Francisco, comedies, etc.) but it's difficult because the shelf is too small. Christmas movies are in a drawer.

Books are kinda' grouped by subject but not as well. I do have the travel materials in a shelf of its own.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Really I don't have enough of them to be anal about arrangement.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:25 am

The only "system" I have is keeping multiple titles by the same artist or author or that are in the same film series together.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:35 am