CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Marc™
Shale
RedBedroom
jennab85
Nhaiyel
Tony Marino
DanaShelbyChancey
Cheaps
Chris
16 posters

Do you loan your CDs/DVDs out to your friends?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you loan your CDs/DVDs out to your friends? Empty Do you loan your CDs/DVDs out to your friends?

Post by Chris Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:28 am

Do you easily let people borrow your something from your entertainment stash?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Do you loan your CDs/DVDs out to your friends? Empty Re: Do you loan your CDs/DVDs out to your friends?

Post by Cheaps Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:44 am

i let a few people borrow my laptop sometimes, but thats about it. i dont have much dvd's or cd's to loan out.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Do you loan your CDs/DVDs out to your friends? Empty Re: Do you loan your CDs/DVDs out to your friends?

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 am

The pain in the ass that I am? That is where I am easy. If anyone asks, they get. I make them swear to take very good care of the stuff, then they can borrow it. I have never had to regret it, so far. Actually, I have borrowed things I still have, because someone loaned me stuff then disappeared. It is still with me.

I don't loan expensive stuff, that would be hard to replace. Like my DVD-r, never.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 am

Very rarely. When it comes to my CD's and DVD's I am very cautious who I lend them out to. I would prefer they not ask at all. I know that sounds very stingy but it took me a very long time and a lot of money to collect what I have and I don't want to have to ask for them back and have fingerprints all over them.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:50 am

Tony Marino wrote:Very rarely. When it comes to my CD's and DVD's I am very cautious who I lend them out to. I would prefer they not ask at all. I know that sounds very stingy but it took me a very long time and a lot of money to collect what I have and I don't want to have to ask for them back and have fingerprints all over them.

I don't think it sounds stingy at all. I once let my cousin borrow three of my CDs; later her place was broken into, and her stereo (with my CDs inside) was stolen. She replaced one of them, but I wound up having to buy back the other two. If someone wants to listen to, or watch, something I own, they can come over here to do it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 am

Chris wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:Very rarely. When it comes to my CD's and DVD's I am very cautious who I lend them out to. I would prefer they not ask at all. I know that sounds very stingy but it took me a very long time and a lot of money to collect what I have and I don't want to have to ask for them back and have fingerprints all over them.

I don't think it sounds stingy at all. I once let my cousin borrow three of my CDs; later her place was broken into, and her stereo (with my CDs inside) was stolen. She replaced one of them, but I wound up having to buy back the other two. If someone wants to listen to, or watch, something I own, they can come over here to do it.

Exactly my feelings too. I have some very rare DVD's and CD's and I don't want them leaving my house.

Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:31 am

I prefer to not. If I do lend out some music, a movie, or a book, they are to return it the next time I see them, or by a certain day I stipulate. Whichever comes first.
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:33 am

I only lend stuff out to people that I really trust.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:44 pm

I don't enjoy lending or borrowing. Try to limit both as much as I can.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:52 pm

I have about 550 DVD and make an index list to keep track of them. I share that list with my co-workers and they borrow from time to time.

So far I haven't had any damaged and I keep a loan list so I know what I have out and who has it and since when.

A lot of my DVD's were from the cheap bin and no big loss, but I am hesitant on some of my favorites and let the borrower know it is important to me to take special care of it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:34 pm

If it's somebody I know and can trust, then I'll go ahead and do it....but I prefer not to. Back when I worked at Blockbuster Video as a teenager, I taped Janet's TVR concert off HBO and let my co-worker borrow the tape....never got it back. She would see me and say "Hey, I haven't forgot about your tape....I'm gonna give it back to you this week....I haven't watched it yet." That ho never gave it back.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 pm

CDs no, movies sometimes.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:46 pm

I have but I'd rather not. I'm sure some things have gone missing because I forgot I loaned it.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Books only. SOMETIMES other things, but I'm more inclined to just make them their own copy.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:52 pm

I will if they give it back.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:49 pm

Not usually. My daughter has my "Rocky Horror" in the next room & I'm still on pins & needles lol
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:17 am

Depends on who it is. I made the mistake of lending out a brand new book to a roomie once and she took it on a road trip. It came back looking like it had been bought at a second hand store. I take VERY good care of my stuff, so I'm cautious about who I lend things out too.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Exactly my feelings too. I have some very rare DVD's and CD's and I don't want them leaving my house.

I'm just gonna borrow that Bee Gees box set I see sitting next to your stereo. I'll bring it back....
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:14 am

I don't loan. Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:55 am