Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system?

Go down 
+5
Supernova
Bluesmama
Nystyle709
Marc™
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system? Empty
PostSubject: Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system?   Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 9:34 am

Would you allow your child to befriend another child who wasn't being raised in accordance to your belief system? You are/aren't a church-goer, and they're the opposite; you're a staunch conservative/liberal, and they're the very opposite, etc., etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system?   Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:56 pm

It really depends. In general, I would....but if the kids parents are such extremists that they're raising an extremist kid, then I MAY not want mine around him or her if they're gonna be especially influential. Again it depends....
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system?   Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Marc™ wrote:
It really depends. In general, I would....but if the kids parents are such extremists that they're raising an extremist kid, then I MAY not want mine around him or her if they're gonna be especially influential. Again it depends....
co-signs

Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system?   Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:27 pm

I'm sure it may have happened because I didn't know the families of most of my daughter's friends. I do know that some of them included parents that did drugs; however, that didn't have effect ~ in spite of her challenges, she had a massive problem with drug use and wouldn't even touch pot.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system?   Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:34 pm

When I was a kid, everybody we were friends with had parents like that, we were the only semi-functional family on the block, and most of the kids moved within a few months so we were never friends long, but I was with a couple of them who came from really screwed up homes, for several years. My best friend, we were not allowed to go in her house, especially if her father was home. But as kids, we didn't get what was going on, and my mother let us play together though she made it clear she didn't like the girl or her family.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system?   Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:04 am

Depends on how extreme those opposing views are and how much it has influenced the overall personality of the other kid. I haven't had this problem.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system?   Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:19 am

That's a really good question. When I was younger I had a friend who's parents were very liberal in what they let her do (write on her bedroom wall, curse, stay up late, watch Cinemax late night, etc.). Man, I used to come home with all kinds of ideas and my parents weren't having that shit. Even though everyone was cool with each other, my parents didn't approve of us hanging out too much, so they would let her come over our house or take me out of town to hang with relatives.

Most likely I would allow my child to keep the friend, but I would want to monitor their time together. I would hope that the values I instilled in my child are strong enough so he/she can understand that the other family is different, and not necessarily what is preferred. And I would also encourage my child to talk about what goes on in the other home, if for some reason they go inside.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system?   Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Marc™ wrote:

co-signs
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system?   Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:57 pm

It would obviously depend on how much it would effect my child. But I don't really have anything against it, in theory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system?   Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you allow your child to befriend another child whose family had a different value system?
Page 1 of 1