CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Nystyle709
CeCe
Marc™
7 posters

Boston first-grader investigated for sexual harassment after punching classmate in groin

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Boston first-grader investigated for sexual harassment after punching classmate in groin Empty Boston first-grader investigated for sexual harassment after punching classmate in groin

Post by Marc™ Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Boston first-grader investigated for sexual harassment after punching classmate in groin
    Mother outraged, says son was acting in self-defense

BY Cynthia Ghazali
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Friday, December 2 2011, 2:57 PM

Boston first-grader investigated for sexual harassment after punching classmate in groin Image
    Mark Curran, 7, was bullied by a former friend before school, so he punched him in the groin and now is being accused of sexual assault. His mother is Tasha Lynch.

A 7-year-old Boston boy is under investigation for sexual harassment after punching a fellow student in the groin.

The extreme measure against the first-grader, Mark Curran, has his mother outraged.

Tasha Lynch claims her son struck the boy in self-defense after his gloves were stolen and says the probe is a below-the-belt blow by the school. Lynch also claims the other boy choked her son.

“I think my kid was right to fight back,” Lynch told The Boston Globe. Lynch said if her son is under suspicion of sexual harassment, the other boy in the fight should be investigated for attempted murder. “The kid choked my son first and that’s called attempted murder. He said he couldn’t breathe,” she said.

Public schools officials declined to comment, but a spokesperson told The Globe that “any kind of inappropriate touching would fall under that [sexual harassment] category.”

Lynch said officials questioned her son and pressured him into saying he started the fight.

“They didn’t believe me,” Mark told The Globe. “I didn’t get my gloves back.”

In a letter from Tynan Elementary School interim principal, Lynch said her son could be suspended or transferred to a new school.

A hearing on the incident is scheduled for next week.

Source:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/boston-first-grader-investigated-sexual-harassment-punching-classmate-groin-article-1.985944#ixzz1fVr8d25v
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Boston first-grader investigated for sexual harassment after punching classmate in groin Empty Re: Boston first-grader investigated for sexual harassment after punching classmate in groin

Post by CeCe Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:21 pm

This country just keeps spiraling into the abyss of stupidity.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Boston first-grader investigated for sexual harassment after punching classmate in groin Empty Re: Boston first-grader investigated for sexual harassment after punching classmate in groin

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:24 pm

LOL.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:15 pm

If the story occurred as described in the article then I commend the boy for defending himself. Sexual harassment, my ass.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:32 pm

No, sexual harassment would be that first grade boy who we heard about some months back, tried to push his groin into the girl's face and she punched him, and again SHE was punished and not the harasser, history of the world; if you want justice you have to be the bastards who attack other people.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:45 pm

I wanna laugh. I'm sorry but what a dumb, paranoid, uptight, overly PC society this has become.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:26 pm

AtownPeep wrote:I wanna laugh. I'm sorry but what a dumb, paranoid, uptight, overly PC society this has become.

It's just ridiculously funny & ridiculously disturbing at the same time. It's reaching a point where a kid won't be able to hug another one without be labeled a sexual predator these days. They won't be able to have a scuffle without being handcuffed. They're kids. If the teachers can't deal with kids being kids maybe they should work the cosmetics counter at JC Penny. These things can be handled without cops & courts. Honestly it's not that serious.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:19 pm

CeCe wrote:

It's just ridiculously funny & ridiculously disturbing at the same time. It's reaching a point where a kid won't be able to hug another one without be labeled a sexual predator these days. They won't be able to have a scuffle without being handcuffed. They're kids. If the teachers can't deal with kids being kids maybe they should work the cosmetics counter at JC Penny. These things can be handled without cops & courts. Honestly it's not that serious.

It reminds me of a line from the book Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane. Rynn explains her father took her away from her mother because when she was a baby her mother used to hit her and stuff, and her boyfriend Mario says he would've called an attorney to settle the matter instead of running away. And Rynn explains to him that that would mean lawyers taking your money and telling you what to do instead of you being able to handle the situation yourself. Have to say her logic makes more sense.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:49 pm

Whatever happened to just giving kids detention?

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:33 am