CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
gingersnaps
Supernova
Marc™
Cheaps
RedBedroom
Bluesmama
Nystyle709
RobbieFTW
12 posters

Do you feel humiliated if you have to put something back at the check out register?

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Do you feel humiliated if you have to put something back at the check out register? Empty Do you feel humiliated if you have to put something back at the check out register?

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:16 pm

You have shopped for more than you can afford & now you find that you have to put some things back. Do you feel humiliated having to put these items back?

BTW you are paying with cash, not a card.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Do you feel humiliated if you have to put something back at the check out register? Empty Re: Do you feel humiliated if you have to put something back at the check out register?

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:19 pm

Nope. I have no problem putting those shits right back. I underestimated. That doesn't happen often though.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Do you feel humiliated if you have to put something back at the check out register? Empty Re: Do you feel humiliated if you have to put something back at the check out register?

Post by Bluesmama Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:37 am

It's happened a couple of times and, yes, I felt like a bit of an ass.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:15 am

Nah. If I feel my estimation may be off per what I have in the purse, I put the pricey items in the back, like soda or alcohol or medicine. (J/K about the meds!!)
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:22 am

I may feel a tad bit embarrassed, but I get over it real quick.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:31 am

Yeah it can be embarrassing because the cashier knows the only reason you're putting it back is because you don't have the money to cover it, but oh well....you underestimated. Happens.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:46 pm

Marc™ wrote:Yeah it can be embarrassing because the cashier knows the only reason you're putting it back is because you don't have the money to cover it, but oh well....you underestimated. Happens.

Not necessarily, I will put things back that I have the money for if I realize that I don't want to.spend a certain amount if money for it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:32 pm

I can't really recall a time when it's happened with me.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:01 am

at first I am; but then get over it once I realized it's my own fault since I usually ended up thinking I had more money than I actually did in my wallet.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:56 am

Only if it's a really cheap or single purchase. One time I went to Target to buy Halloween candy. I'm thinking it was cheap and only had a few dollars on me, I take it to the counter and it's a dollar more than I estimated. THAT was embarrassing.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:51 am

Not really. If the total is getting too high I got NO qualms in telling them to take certain things off.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:44 am

Nope. American Express never ever leave home without it. Even when I'm running, gotta have keys, ID and credit card.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:40 pm

That hasn't happened to me in a very long time, because I pay for everything with either credit or debit; but even then sometimes I do hold off on certain items if the subtotal is exceeding more than I wanted to pay. No shame in it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:41 am