CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Prospect Park still shopping online soaps

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Prospect Park still shopping online soaps  Empty Prospect Park still shopping online soaps

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:36 am

Are these people yanking our chains or what?

The deaths of "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" may have been greatly exaggerated.

Prospect Park, the production company that licensed digital rights to the soaps from ABC, has continued to hold meetings with other parties exploring options for keeping them going online, according to sources familiar with discussions.

These talks come just weeks after Prospect Park issued a statement suggesting it was done pursuing plans to revive the soaps. Reps for the company could not be immediately reached for comment.

While the discussions were characterized as preliminary, one of the options Prospect Park is said to be considering is bringing in an overseas firm to turn the shows into a co-production. That may or may not allow the shows to circumvent the unions, which couldn't come to terms with Prospect Park on compensation for talent on both sides of the camera.

Even though Prospect Park signaled they were no longer pursuing the soaps, they still retain the digital rights that ABC licensed to them that last for a full year after those shows end on ABC. That gives the firm the ability to exercise those rights up until September 2012 for "AMC" and January 2013 for "OTL."

In addition, Prospect Park could also still be sitting on the financing collected to fund production. It's also notable that the company characterized its abandonment of plans as a "suspension" of their efforts in the announcement, as opposed to a final withdrawal.

Sources confirmed that Prospect Park principals Jeff Kwatinetz and Rich Frank are still intent on bringing the shows to the Internet, where they would serve as the anchors for a broader online-network play.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118047178?refCatId=14#.TuAqfpUX8_k.facebook
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Prospect Park still shopping online soaps  Empty Re: Prospect Park still shopping online soaps

Post by Kral Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Yeah, yeah. I don't want to hear any more speculation. They should keep the articles and news to themselves until everything is a GO.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Prospect Park still shopping online soaps  Empty Re: Prospect Park still shopping online soaps

Post by Tony Marino Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:17 pm

I agree but it does give a little glimmer of hope but I believe its over.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:33 pm

It's a nice glimmer of hope, but I have made my peace with OLTL ending next month. I welcome a trump card, but am not expecting one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:22 pm