Prospect Park still shopping online soaps  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prospect Park still shopping online soaps

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Prospect Park still shopping online soaps  Empty
PostSubject: Prospect Park still shopping online soaps    Prospect Park still shopping online soaps  EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:36 am

Are these people yanking our chains or what?

The deaths of "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" may have been greatly exaggerated.

Prospect Park, the production company that licensed digital rights to the soaps from ABC, has continued to hold meetings with other parties exploring options for keeping them going online, according to sources familiar with discussions.

These talks come just weeks after Prospect Park issued a statement suggesting it was done pursuing plans to revive the soaps. Reps for the company could not be immediately reached for comment.

While the discussions were characterized as preliminary, one of the options Prospect Park is said to be considering is bringing in an overseas firm to turn the shows into a co-production. That may or may not allow the shows to circumvent the unions, which couldn't come to terms with Prospect Park on compensation for talent on both sides of the camera.

Even though Prospect Park signaled they were no longer pursuing the soaps, they still retain the digital rights that ABC licensed to them that last for a full year after those shows end on ABC. That gives the firm the ability to exercise those rights up until September 2012 for "AMC" and January 2013 for "OTL."

In addition, Prospect Park could also still be sitting on the financing collected to fund production. It's also notable that the company characterized its abandonment of plans as a "suspension" of their efforts in the announcement, as opposed to a final withdrawal.

Sources confirmed that Prospect Park principals Jeff Kwatinetz and Rich Frank are still intent on bringing the shows to the Internet, where they would serve as the anchors for a broader online-network play.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118047178?refCatId=14#.TuAqfpUX8_k.facebook
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Prospect Park still shopping online soaps    Prospect Park still shopping online soaps  EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Yeah, yeah. I don't want to hear any more speculation. They should keep the articles and news to themselves until everything is a GO.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Prospect Park still shopping online soaps    Prospect Park still shopping online soaps  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:17 pm

I agree but it does give a little glimmer of hope but I believe its over.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Prospect Park still shopping online soaps    Prospect Park still shopping online soaps  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:33 pm

It's a nice glimmer of hope, but I have made my peace with OLTL ending next month. I welcome a trump card, but am not expecting one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prospect Park still shopping online soaps    Prospect Park still shopping online soaps  Empty

Back to top Go down

Prospect Park still shopping online soaps
Page 1 of 1